Combat Stress

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by Myss, Dec 7, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. From the Daily Express, Mon 061204:

Combat Stress, Tyrwhitt House, Oaklawn Rd, Leatherhead, Surrey, KT22 0BX. Email: contactus@combatstress.org.uk
    www.combatstress.org.uk

2. So good to see this excellent organisation get recognition in the press. Wish there was more awareness of Combat Stress and what it does! Unfortunately it's not the case though and here's one such case that I've come across in my professional life.
    I work in the NHS and once treated an ex-jock whose symptoms I recognised as PTSD, tried to get help for him from the local Mental Health team, but to no avail. He'd already been labelled by them as "personality disorder" and they wouldn't change their stance. Despite the fact that I'd shown them relevant professional information sent to me by the excellent people at CS. To say I was disgusted was an understatement and I still feel to this day that yet again this country failed someone who was prepared to serve where sent! :evil:

3. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

The big chore for kids at Christmas is writing all those 'Thank you' notes to Gran and Uncle Sam, Auntie Lou and the Cousins at number 22.... thought I'd get mine in early !

To everyone who sponsored either me or my three team mates in the
    USMC marathon plse take a look at

http://www.justgiving.com/run4combatstress

...and thank you !

Le Chevre