"Combat Stress: An invisible injury, an honourable wound"

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by gingwarr, Apr 23, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hullo all,

A friend of mine is currently studying for his Masters in Journalism, and is currently working on a radio programme called "Combat Stress: An invisible injury, an honourable wound".

He's had support and assistance from Combat Stress and the RBL so far, and BFBS are interested in looking at the finished project.

He's run into problems at the moment due to the fact that he has been unable to make contact with veterans of Telic/Herrick suffering from psychological injuries who would be prepared to talk openly about their experiences.

Obviously he cannot interview still serving soldiers, but he's also interested in speaking to friends and family of serving soldiers, as well as those who've left the army.

This has already been cleared with PTP
  2. Although I can't personally help with providing interviewees for your friend, might i suggest that he read this book:

Although I am sure that he has read around and researched the topic, this book provides one of the most comprehensive and easy to read histories of Combat stress/PTSD/whatever you want to call it.
  3. This is great help, but he's had a load of help from NI vets, and a load of help from SAMA '82.

He now need to get in contact with sufferers from the more recent conflicts (non-serving ones at that). Families of people who are suffering would also be helpful.

I've had some very helpful PMs which I need to follow up on, but any nore help would be appreciated.
  4. Wish Him luck Gingwarr, and nice to hear from You again.
  5. Cheers for that mate - I've just been informed that Rick Jolly has agreed to be interviewed for this as well, so it seems to be getting very interesting.
  6. Excellent news