Combat PT

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by WeeAlly, Sep 10, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Been reading a few things and mentioned combat PT but was wondering what combat pt actaully involved and when its done cheers curiousity got the better of me.

Start basic in october so i gotta deal with all that first
  2. Treat yourself to 'pick up the log' and 'this is ITC steeple chase', usually after week 6 you start doing combat PT.
  3. Log runs, Stretcher Runs, Tyre Runs, Assualt Course, Running backwards and forwards across fields doing mock casevacs. Did I mention running?

Always a gris but one of my favourite sessions as you know you have worked hard!
  4. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

The sort of PT that makes you wish you had become a hairdresser!
  5. Or a clerk.
  6. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Fair point, I wouldn't do this if I had my time again. Nearly broke a nail today.
  7. no that's battle pt, combat pt totally different

8. Only ever heard of/done battle pt. Any chance of explaining what the difference is?

I know the answer will make me look like a dick, but am now curious!
  9. it still is battle pt, its all the little scrotes who turn speaking like thier from the ghetto, when there really from weston-super mare.
  10. Thought combat/battle PT were the same thing.
  11. It was explained to me that it is PT that can be done using improvised equipment/your own or your oppo's bodyweight when in lulls in combat when there isn't a gym avaiable.
  12. Sandy couldn't explain anything about combat as he has spent most of his time in a training depot.

Ask him about fighting in cages instead, any insomnia will be cured instantly.

13. Said like a true internet mong, hiding behind the safety of computer keyboard.
  14. Recce19: I echo your post here, its always been known as Battle PT imo

And I've also heard PTI's mention what CP has stated as for using improvised equipment, well apart from using strechers & full jerry cans etc etc on extended CO's runs or an alternative PT programme,

Memories are flooding back from the Water damn area used near Episkopi Gn.
  15. EASY:
    Battle PT

Egyptian PT