Combat pistol training by ex Royal Marine in USA

Actually, that stance isn't quite as off as it looks. The old flashlight technique wherein the flashlight hand locks behind the weapon hand has fallen out of favour in some circles, as it is too easy for the bad guys to target the light source which coincides with your centre of mass, and seriously spoiling your day.
Holding your light source away from your body may be slightly detrimental to your accuracy, but it may increase your chances of surviving the encounter.

sandmanfez said:
Actually, that stance isn't quite as off as it looks. The old flashlight technique wherein the flashlight hand locks behind the weapon hand has fallen out of favour in some circles, as it is too easy for the bad guys to target the light source which coincides with your centre of mass, and seriously spoiling your day.
Holding your light source away from your body may be slightly detrimental to your accuracy, but it may increase your chances of surviving the encounter.
I think he meant the Glock at 45 degrees from vertical. I suspect he's doing it to illustrate some point or other. I'm not going to argue with him - he's got a gun!

EX_STAB said:
I'm not going to argue with him - he's got a gun!
GUN! Gun! Guns are artillery pieces - damn your eyes, this is Arrse and correct military terminiolgy will be used. Acceptable terms are "shooter" or "piece", "Puttin a cap in ya ass" or "packing heat" (for the Starsky and Hutch generation) are allowable. "Slotting" and "dropping" can only be used if prefaced by the pro-term "Fijian Bob".

Not in my day, baah, completely encased in ice etc.

LostBoss said:
EX_STAB said:
GUN! Gun! Guns are artillery pieces - damn your eyes, this is Arrse and correct military terminiolgy will be used. Acceptable terms are "shooter" or "piece", "Puttin a cap in ya ass" or "packing heat" (for the Starsky and Hutch generation) are allowable. "Slotting" and "dropping" can only be used if prefaced by the pro-term "Fijian Bob".

Hope you've got a good dentist - that was a really hard bite! :D

EX_STAB said:
Hope you've got a good dentist - that was a really hard bite! :D
DENTIST, dentist!

For fecks sake, "Fang farrier" is the correct term and shall be used in place of dentist, "Gob Mob", "tooth fairy" (if light of foot) or "needle jockey" are acceptable terms at a push.

LostBoss said:
EX_STAB said:

I thought any weapon prefaced with 'Fijian Bob' was either a 'long' or a 'short' which is then used to 'slot' 'tangos'.

Or have I just failed 49 para selection once again?

Bad_Omen said:
I thought any weapon prefaced with 'Fijian Bob' was either a 'long' or a 'short' which is then used to 'slot' 'tangos'.
You are in the "know" and are correct in your pro term useage.

Kiss Kiss Bang bang etc.

EX_STAB said:
I think he meant the Glock at 45 degrees from vertical.
It is a little "flamboyant" isn't it? You have to make allowances for bootys, I suspect he's a big Judy Garland fan and knows several names for the colour blue.

Granted use of a torch in such a manner is recognised but canting the weapon over like that and he won't hit a barn door.

Pure Waltism :wink:

Mingus? Wasn't he a jazz instrumentalist? 8)

This looks very like the kind of practical/combat shooting instructional thing that the late Col. Jeff "Walk On Water" Cooper (?ex-USMC?) used to run with such success.

Tho' probably not as good. Cooper was world class - and knew it, and told anyone who'd listen. :D

Zingari said:
Granted use of a torch in such a manner is recognised but canting the weapon over like that and he won't hit a barn door.

Pure Waltism :wink:
Yeh, yeh, yeh, I know it goes against all perceived wisdom, but I'll bet you my pension, that I could hold the weapon at any angle including upside down, and still hit you at 10m.
Granted, its bad practice, but every year tens of thousands of people get shot by clueless feckwits who handle their weapons in an unorthodox manner.

Tac Pro is operated by Bill Davison. Davison is a former Royal Marine and was a member of the British Special Forces. He has performed VIP protection duties all over the world for various heads of state and ruling families.
from what iv heard 'real' members of the british special services dont let that information out with great ease...

Bad_Omen said:
LostBoss said:
EX_STAB said:

Au contraire, I think you've done splendidly. See you at the next RV in the Squirrel & Truncheon .

BuckFelize said:
Bad_Omen said:
LostBoss said:
EX_STAB said:

Au contraire, I think you've done splendidly. See you at the next RV in the Squirrel & Truncheon .
Excellent news indeed, mum will be so proud of me. Is there a passing out parade she can come to or do we just pass out after many a beer and tall tale? Because if thats the case, she's seen me do that plenty of times and probably won't bother coming, what with having to tidy my room and all.

I'm off to the QM(Ebay) to track down a regimental tie and beret as we speak!