Combat Nappy

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by Army_Rizzle, Feb 15, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone got theirs yet?

When I looked at it I thought "jeez, this is gunna hurt"

But im very suprised at how comfartable it is and that it doesnt chafe (sp*)

2. "com-fart-able" You are giving it a good road test!

• Like Like x 1
  3. real men get their balls blown off and dont bother with this crap.

suprised they're comfortable

4. Adrenaline is brown

• Like Like x 2
  5. I think the insulation it provides and the effectiveness at giving you sweaty balls/arse is the worst bit.

6. I'm getting mine sometime in the next week, I'm in a role where I'll not need to wear it but I bet the guys in the Rifle Coys are looking forward to long, still if it protects the family jewels should the worst happens then a few hours of discomfort is a small price to pay.

7. Maybe the MoD should just wrap us up in cotton wool and send us on patrol. The main reason they are giving us so much protection (and more weight!) is to save on claims and payouts.

• Like Like x 1

8. It's endemic throughout all workplaces.

9. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Is it bollox, they want to ensure that we keep on breeding more steely eyed dealers of death and you can't breed those from limp wristed, left leaning guardinistas.

takes a para to breed a para, we'll except in your case mate where its takes a para to breed with a para. mortars right :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. MIght not be to comfy after about hour 8 though.

Still think we are up-armouring our personal to daft levels. How do you simuate that in training for units not set to deploy? Or our we going to do away with them again soon?

11. Sweaty sack maybe - but you can't argue with the numbers that show fewer blokes are are coming back nutless after IED events...

Given that everyone knows we're just on a slow wind-down to the pull-out date, I can't really see the arguements against erring on the side of caution.

12. Combat nappy, or have my ball sack wire brushed to get the crap out? Now let me think....

13. I'd like to think so but my young 'un is transferring from Depot Para to the Household Cav.

The hat ****.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I have long said that the more protection, armour, kit you give a soldier the less effective he is as a "warrior".

Basically the more kit, the slower the soldier. The slower the soldier, the easier a target he is. Its almost as if there is an inverse relationship...give them protection but expose them to more danger by doing so.

Or is this just the ramblings of a very tired idiot.

Ok..don't answer that!

15. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

mate I feel your pain, mines training to be a lawyer.