Combat medical technician

Hello, I’ve been searching the threads and haven’t seemed to find one that answers my queries.
I’m currently 18 years old and am aspiring to join as a Combat Medical Technician. I’ve always wanted to go down a medical route and when i did some research about the army i knew it was what i wanted to do. I have a few questions,
Do i need GCSEs or Alevels to achieve this?
Also my goal is to be a CMT attached to an infantry unit (if possible) but I’m not sure how i could get to that position (eg. regiments etc). Does anyone have any answers as to how i can reach this goal?
Much appreciated.

Hello, I’ve been searching the threads and haven’t seemed to find one that answers my queries.
I’m currently 18 years old and am aspiring to join as a Combat Medical Technician. I’ve always wanted to go down a medical route and when i did some research about the army i knew it was what i wanted to do. I have a few questions,
Also my goal is to be a CMT attached to an infantry unit (if possible) but I’m not sure how i could get to that position (eg. regiments etc). Does anyone have any answers as to how i can reach this goal?
Much appreciated.

join up

pass training

go to a medical regiment for a while

become a class 1

get posted to a unit outside of the AMS

Buddy!

War Hero
Much appreciated.
More on less as already mentioned, but yes, 2 GCSEs A*-C in English and Maths required.

Prior to being able to be posted to a teeth-arms (Combat Arms) you will have to serve a period of time in either a Medical Regiment or a Field Hospital during which time you will attend further training to become a Class 1 Combat Medical Technician, i.e. an autonomous practitioner (not an independent practitioner).

Hope this helps, feel free to PM with any further questions on finer detail or general Army life! I feel strongly that the public perception of military life is very odd and I'm on a part-time mission to help change that.

Just for a little bit extra info, my daughter is currently on hold in the recruitment process due to all training / recruitment being on hold due to Covid 19.
She is hoping to be a CMT but has been told the competition is intense especially for females (thanks to Our Girl apparently!).

Be prepared to wait
a) because of Covid 19
b) training slots for CMT’s are full for at least 6 months, taken up by those already allocated.
C) once the recruitment process kicks back in, you will need to attend interviews and also 2 day’s selection where you will be physically and academically tested to test suitability.

I don’t want to sound negative but if CMT is your only career choice be prepared to be patient as you probably won’t be starting phase 1 until this time next year

S7015642F

Swinger
I agree the wait for cmt is at least a year long, you can go down the reserves and have no problems but full time be expected to wait to get into training.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest Threads