Combat medic reservists learn infantry skills

Discussion in 'MoD News' started by MoD_RSS, Sep 13, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

Wtf were learning before now?
  3. First aid, trauma are, med centre skills, injections, paperwork for med centre, etc. Stuff that would help them in their day to day role as a Reservist Medic.

Probably not Infantry patrolling skills... because (wait for it) they are not Infantry.
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Good point, well executed!
  5. Surely being a medic means you are out on the ground also patrolling which means they've had infantry training anyway
  6. Does not every soldier in the UK get basic infantry training on their Basic or it's UK equivalent? The ethos in Canada has always been that every soldier is first a soldier? God forbid, if a Crewman gets brewed up and manages to survive, or suffers a Mobility Cas, he's all of a sudden a de facto infanteer, whether he likes it or not.
  7. That's what the report is about... Medics receiving training to bring their existing SOLDIER skills up to INFANTRY level.

Common misconception is that just because you do Basic Training you are Infantry. You are not.
  8. Fair enough, CF.
  9. I can vouch for that. They trained me for 23 years and I was still ****ing useless.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. We had 4 PARA give us infantry training.

S/SGT GUT decided to set up tents the useless fat twat.
    I missed my old 4 KORBR were we slept out on the moor in the fecking snow near Catterick.

Then we got down to patrol skills delivered by this scrawny I is hard PARA Sgt.

We did ambush at whatever a clock in the morning. We failed because someones casio started going off... lesson though.

We were attacked whilst in our tents. Tall Tony suggested we just stay in our bags. So we did.

Scrawny Sgt rips open the tent and asks what the **** we were doing... Tall Tony asks why, what.s up?

We went back to sleep

253 RMP (V), here to serve...
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Who do you think you are kidding Mr Hitler.................................................
  12. Well Mr Soviet actually.

Should Ivan have come over the IGB then:

Average life expectancy was 9mins for an infantryman in the late 80s... I think I seem to remember.
    Average life expectancy for an MP was 36 hours!!!

13. Not me mate. I always carried a white flag in my kidney pouch on Active Edge. Just in case;-)
  14. With the current tempo of OPs every man and his dog is out on the ground. For example in Afghan we had both a RN medic and a female clerk (used for searches) on patrol with us. All arms seem to be becoming more infantry focused which is the way forward!
  15. Where did those b0llocks life expectancies come from? Royal Signals operators were supposed to be dead in 20 seconds... I'd expect the Russian gunners to have shorter expectancies than that from the breach explosions of putting so many rounds down range in 18 seconds!