Combat Med tech

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by Hexitele, May 22, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Folks,

I'm booked onto a CMT3 (TA) course and I am to being a medic what Prince Philip is to being PC. I'm keen to do well though so would appreciate some advice.

I don't want to be pre-reading about the causes of athletes foot if the course is mainly about sucking chest wounds and vice versa. Can anyone give me any advice on pre reads etc.

Any particular bits of kit I need as my joining instructions are still nowhere to be seen. I imagine its mostly classroom but will I need my CEFO whatever?

Also if anyone who has attended the course recently has an idea of a "rough" timetable that would be spot on.

Thanks in advance.

HT

2. You really don't need pre reading, the CMT 2 course isn't anything you wouldn't expect and I'm sure CMT 3 TA won't be anything unexpected either.

If you really want to read then read up on primary healthcare ("athletes foot" etc) cos you prob won't learn much of that, the training is pretty much all trauma based

good luck

3. If I remember rightly there was a lot of Anatomy and Physiology on the syllabus, also there were a few procedures thrown in as well such a temps pulse resps etc lots of FMed too.

4. All I can say is simply brush up on what you already know so it becomes more of a second nature, I have an interesting PDF manual you may like to see if you PM an email address

5. Yea the first few months are anatomy and physiology it's all very basic level

don't worry it's nothing too complex