Combat Knives

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by Kakashi, Nov 18, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone recommend a knife for use in the field?

I'm looking for something pretty big, at least a 10" blade, strong as fcuk and capable of withstanding a lot of shit.

I've had a look at the large heavy bowie knife from ka-bar ( ) , but I'm not experienced at all with this kind of thing, so I thought I'd ask the experts.

Cheers lads
  2. you dont need anything with a blade more than 6 inches, so slow down abit there rambo.

a great tough rough field knife is this -

the glock army knife. made from the same materials as the glock pistol, a modded version of a steyer bayonet, you have a choice of colours and can even get it with the 'evil-gut-ripping' saw back option if you rilly want to walt it up.

give these boys a call................(its under accessories)

and the best thing is its only £33 with P+P so you wont be gutted when it gets nicked. (as it will)

got one myself (without the evil-gut-ripping-saw-back option), one of the best bits of kit i'v ever wasted cash on.
  3. get a Swiss army knife only Rambos,Croc Dundee need fighting Knives
  4. If you need an implement rather than a weapon, you can't go wrong with a machete.
  5. DRStealth,

Those knives look alright mate, the reason I wanted a bigger one is a mate recommended one thats strong as fcuk.

Being as I'm an aussie, do you know if they post overseas etc.?
  6. lol whats wrong with a pussers clasp knife?
  7. To be fair he is a Aussie, so we can let him off!

For something a bit different you could make your own:

Youve played Spoony knifey before!

The only biggish knife I have ever had need to use was one of these:

MOD survival knife

Does what it says on the tin, either that or look at the Kabar yanky jobs:
  8. Maybe he is Croc Dundee? 8O
  9. Why don't you go all the way and just get a fecking sword....Should do the job nicely..... :) :D
  10. I had a combat spoon once
  11. helston will post anywhere, you will have to drop them an e-mail to ask costs.

i just googled 'glock knife australia' and got some hits down your way, try the same and compere prices, see which works out cheaper, buying local or importing.
    this lot are asking aus$74:50

ps- the brit MoD survival knife is a WAY overrated bfo lump, the glock is a lot better and far more practical. ( i have both in my collection, yes, i collect sharp pointy things)
  12. k bar or mod survival knife either are very strong and relatively cheap and not to ramboesque.
    no point bother with a sawback blade
    see you can get without having to talk to a parole officer

10 inch plus blade is a machete if you want to go that route theres always kukhri's to consider
  13. I still have my MOD survival knife at home somewhere. I used to keep it in the bottom of my vehicle bag when on mission in the Balkans as a UN civvie. It came in handy several times, but the multi-tool jobbies are far more useful for everyday stuff.
  14. I bought a sword when my regiment amalgamated, they sold off all their old junk, tried using it once on horse back and nearly f****** myself ,not for the untrained
  15. Oh dear

Soldiers and sharp things...

It will all end in tears, mark my words.

I remember it well - "This knife isn't very sharp...ouch, oh f*ck!"

:roll: :roll: :roll: