Combat jackets

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by skidmarx, Oct 13, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. O.K.
    One of the joys of teatime beers. The other week a well known dissident chuckie decided to shuffle off early. (Ex resient in Derry, in the county of Londonderry) He got the usual funeral, big send off handguns and crap songs getting sung in his memory. (That's a thread on it's own if I was a cruel and heartless person). Anyway the question was asked. 'What were the combats worn by the firing party'?.
    Didn't see it, no idea. Useful to know when I go back fishing in Fermanagh South Tyrone, so I'll know what not to wear.
    And the Libyan SF combat jacket's not bad at all.
    As always
  2. Could I ask which organisation furnished the Firing Party?
    And was it Derry, Londonderry, or 'Stroke City'?
  3. Linky

They look a bit like Gore-Tex. I do have to ask why you would feel the need to wear DPM at all in NI; are you trying to stop the fish spotting you?
  4. Almost positive it was the republican equivilant of the above. Damn sure it wasn't Edenderry. Choice of two dissident orgs, don't know which. But hey thank you for your time.
  5. Thank you. Was it C95 stuff? DPM as always, comfortable, gentlemanly cut. Forget catching anything, the compadres bring the grub. I supply the coffee and remember to bring a good book.