Combat Engineering Cse

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by any_chance, Dec 13, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Alrate, I've just had confirmation of my transfer into CRE. Just wondering what to expect during my B3 course. I've got a rough idea of what to expect but was going on tour the day after my transfer interview so didn't have a lot of time to ask many questions. I've already done 4 yrs and am transferring from RLC as it seems like a more positive move for the future.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Good move, the cbt engr b3 is a bout 10-11 weeks, gibraltar barracks, are you taking a trade?
  3. Yeah I will be doing the selection course for Fitter General after the B3 Cse. It's been a long time coming since I applied to transfer in Jan last year so looking forward to moving forward again.
  4. fitter is a dying trade in the corps, be warned.

good luck.

5. :?
  6. It aint what it used to be. As we get rid of more and more kit to outside agencies, so there's less for the Fitter to work on. It is a dying trade and those who're still left in it, for the majority, are losing the everyday 'hands on' daily trade that those of 10 years ago used to have.
    REME will no doubt win the ongoing skirmish and secure our Fitters, mark my words! We fended em off before, cant see us doing that again!

I'd still rather be a Fitter than a Planty though. :)
  7. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  8. Working on the employment of the fitter trades in units at the moment. Its no worse than any other trade and to be honest you would probably get more chance of doing hands on work than most of the other trades kit still needs fixing on ex and there are slots in workshops etc.
    Or you could go gods trade and become a sparky :wink:
  9. duplicate post
  10. How is it every fcuking thread turns into a planty bashing party with fatbadge and knocker piping up.
    Planty is as we all know gods trade.
    He GOD was a planty in the beginning for he shaped all that you see
    Fair enough he was also a sparky but it was a 2 min job at the end for all he did was say Let there be light and that was it Peice of piss.
    So here endeth the lesson!!!!!!!!!
  11. Wasnt Planty bashing, merely stating fact. :thanks:
  12. HO ho ho
  13. just knuckle down and get on with it. there will be times when you think, i don't need this shit, but you will have to take the rough with the smooth. It is a bloody good course. hardwork, but well worth the effort. as you have a fair amount of experience (having served 4 yrs and conducted optours) the instructors may well look to you for assistance within the lines/administration of the men. you will have a golden opportunity to shine, but with that may well come extra resposibility. we often found that transferees took on these responsibilities naturally. all the best with it. keep us posted. oh, and Han Alpha troop were the greatest. let me know of they still are :D :p
  14. not "backhoe, hoe, hoe" :p :p :p :p
  15. Thats arrse if god was a planty he would have broken down, had a go at fixing it, made it worse then called ALC.