Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Combat Boot High replacement

Pisseduppardre

Old Salt
I have been a fan of the old issue combat boot for years. They are comfortable, they polish up a treat and with rather iffy feet they actually fit me as they came in different width fittings.

Sadly the sole on my last pair has started to fall apart and I am struggling to find another pair. I tried a pair of Highlanders that appear to be copy but they were flimsy, very, very light weight and frankly S@&%e.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a decent pair of all leather, high black boots that will suit? I don't mind spending a good amount.

I have been a fan of the old issue combat boot for years. They are comfortable, they polish up a treat and with rather iffy feet they actually fit me as they came in different width fittings.

Sadly the sole on my last pair has started to fall apart and I am struggling to find another pair. I tried a pair of Highlanders that appear to be copy but they were flimsy, very, very light weight and frankly S@&%e.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a decent pair of all leather, high black boots that will suit? I don't mind spending a good amount.

lots of options out there....
sexy-thigh-high-boots.jpg

More seriously - try here
Black Military Boots | Black LOWA Boots | Task Force Distribution
Military Boots from Alt-Berg | High Performance, Excellent Support

Other varieties can be seen here and everynow and then the site does discount sell offs (10-20%) Military Boots and Tactical Footwear | UK Tactical

Among the police the most popular brands are Altberg and Lowa. Altberg are cheaper and they knock about a third off for serving plod. They are phoning me back in January when my size 11.5 are back in stock so in the meantime I'm using may highly polished black issued assault boots - last gen before I left 5 years ago - size 11 medium - they double as my 'best boots' so are not for sale. Size 11 med, in the event of my untimely demise please form an orderly queue.

Hmm, I think it might have to be Danner.
The Lowa and the Alt-berg look good, but I need them to be smart and not look like hiking boots.

Thanks for the replies folks.

I have an old pair of pre altberg issue black boots that I use for hill walking.
I personally did not get on with the altbergs ,had the same problem with the soles bracketing up so got them resoled at Timpson's £60 I think but worth it to me to keep an old friend around,

PS I don't give a flying fukc if you think Altbergs are better I don't just saying.....

You could have a gander at the black eagle by haix…..ignore all the worn by heroes hype they got a good review by various arrsers

Failing that Bates do a black boot with or without side zip….I imagine the black will shine up, just as much as the issued brown camp rat version…..

What size are you and what county?