Combat Assault Boots

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Mr Happy, Jan 21, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Anyone else also noticed that simply by walking off road the CAS boots have the ability to fill up the gaps between their grips with mud and render the simple act of walking as difficult as if having a couple of cats tied to each foot and walking on ice...

Have I done something wrong?  MY CAS Boots (1996) issue have started to lose great big whopping chunks of tread as teh rubber appears to be breaking up?  

Thank god for Matterhorns...
  2. You can actually lay your hands on a pair?? :?:
  3. get the DMS, and puttees out I say!
  4. Always found with the CBA, that I seem to go through endless laces as the buggers snap.

6. late last year i was doing a CFT on pre deployment training and as we were tabbing round the course, bits of black started flying off my CBA boots, 7 1/2 miles into it and the whole sole of my right boot fell off, absolute shiite, so i had to get a new pair of pro-boots from stores (which was an epic in itself - "Do you have proof that youre deploying etc.." and im reg not TA) in time to deploy. Matterhorns are great but not for tabbing, tend to heat the old feet up somewhat. :roll: :roll:
  7. CBA are rubbish anything is better in the field flip flops crisp packets it cant be difficult to issuse a decent boot can it
  8. no money to buy decent kit cos the government is spending it rebuilding stuff that the bloody yanks blew up.
  9. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

I am quite suprised TM, I thought you just wore them silly blue plastic bag type slippers all day................................, or those gucchi white girl slippers!
  10. today im wearing a rather fetching blue version of the Gucci girl slippers.