Combat Arms Ear Plugs

LCPL_Bull

Clanker
Does anyone on here know where I can source a New set of these ear plugs? There the double ended (Green/Yellow) rubber ear plugs supplied in a Green Plastic Case ... After a set for some time but cant find any decent suppliers as I don't use fleabay ... Can anyone point me in the right direction? or Source a set for me and forward them?

As I'm not yet serving I can't get them from the QM's Dept .. before anyone suggests it

Regards,

J Bull

Z

Zarathustra

If you're not serving why do you want them? Do the cadets not issue the yellow foam ear cheese anymore?

LCPL_Bull

Clanker
For Ranges and Exercises and for the civilian shooting I do ... They do issue peltor or EAR yellow ones, however out of the two I choose EARs so I can actually hear commands etc. but I find they don't fit comfortably and after a time they just don't sit right in ear ... so I was after some new ones and having seen a set before and read reviews these looked ideal for my cadet uses and civi shooting

Regards,
J Bull

Does anyone on here know where I can source a New set of these ear plugs? There the double ended (Green/Yellow) rubber ear plugs supplied in a Green Plastic Case ... After a set for some time but cant find any decent suppliers as I don't use fleabay ... Can anyone point me in the right direction? or Source a set for me and forward them?

As I'm not yet serving I can't get them from the QM's Dept .. before anyone suggests it

Regards,

J Bull

Any help? Haylett Grange Shooting Supplies - Ear Protection

LCPL_Bull

Clanker
I've looked on here before during my multiple searches but they don't have the ones I'm after .. much appreciated anyway :)

Thanks

Those double-ended ones are crap.

I’d see if you can get your hands on a pair of the Peltor ComTac. They are brilliant. You can get them for about £150 if you shop about. Hearing is precious, it’s well worth the investment.

Low cost recommendation: these are the ones I use and are very popular in my unit:

SUREFIRE EARPRO SONIC EP3 Ear Plug Shoot Hunting Sport All Sizes - FREE UK P&P! | eBay

ETA: Just seen the date on the original post - d’ho!

Last edited:
More to the point, has the OP found (or been issued) a suitable set of earplugs over the course of the last eight years?

Did he ever join the army?

Tune in next week where these and other questions may be answered (or maybe not).

This type of thing is fine for 7.62/5.56 Defenders , anything bigger and you need plugs as well , electronic ones actually amplify sound until there's a bang so you`ll hear commands etc.

edit Just seen the date :)

Those double-ended ones are crap.

I’d see if you can get your hands on a pair of the Peltor ComTac. They are brilliant. You can get them for about £150 if you shop about. Hearing is precious, it’s well worth the investment.

Low cost recommendation: these are the ones I use and are very popular in my unit:

SUREFIRE EARPRO SONIC EP3 Ear Plug Shoot Hunting Sport All Sizes - FREE UK P&P! | eBay

ETA: Just seen the date on the original post - d’ho!

+1 on that, you cannot beat Peltor, or the Sordin, electronic ear defenders. I have a set of Peltors and a set of the Howard Leight as a back up set. The spooky good feature on them is the ability to turn the volume/mic sensitivity right up and eavesdrop on conversations at the other end of the shooting line.

DO NOT EVER BUY ANY AIRSOFTER QUALITY EAR DEFENDERS THAT LOOK LIKE PELTOR/SORDIN AND HAVE SIMILAR NAMES.........people regret it the instant they fire the first round whilst wearing them.

Last edited:

Latest Threads