Colour Blindness

Discussion in 'Officers' started by Nailjuice, Jan 30, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Evening all,

I am unaware of where to put this post but I figured as it's related to the AOSB medical I'll put it in the Officer section.

Basically, all I would like to know is what sort of restrictions apply to an applicant who is considered colour blind. I'm hell bent on choosing Artillery and Infantry as my two choice of arms once admitted to RMAS. Will this affect my choices or would it be the type of condition that would deter me from choosing engineers, RAMc, AAC etc.?

Is it possible that colour blindness could restrict an applicant altogether? I don't have any trouble in every day life but after taking an Ishihara pseudoisochromatic plate test on the cyber web I have diagnosed myself as having moderate difficulties with colours.

Thanks in advance
  2. Thanks very much, that clarifies things somewhat, as for my grade, I'm not entirely sure but I don't foresee it being a major problem on the day of the medical.
  3. Nailjuice old son, if you go around trotting out words like Ishihara pseudoisochromatic at the drop of a hat, I think that they will have you earmarked for the very top. :wink:

Good luck with the medical.