Colour "Blindness" Deficency

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Slx2005, Aug 30, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am 15 and 9 months and have signed up to the Army to become a frontline soldier, I would like to go into the parachute regiment, But my optician is certain that the Army would NOT accept me because I am colourblind I have taken the Ishihara test and I failed miserably at it but if I concentrate long enough I can just work out the edges of the numbers,

I also have a meeting with the army on the 5th of September to discuss my application would they give me the information there and then?

I havent taken the "Holmes-Wright Type A Lantern Test" yet but would the Army recommend me taking it?

I think I am CP3

My questions are the above and

1) Will my colourblindess affect my choice of job?
    2)What are the jobs classed in CP3?

Thank you

2. I was categorised as CP4 at ADSC & this wasn't an issue as I was looking to enlist in the infantry.

Someone listed jobs available somewhere recently in the medical thread / joining up forum I believe (for CP4).
  3. Thanks for that, I was really getting depressed because i'm very fit and intelligent and I was really getting pissed off that my colour deficiency would be my only flaw but your post has enlightend me, Ill search around for that list but I do appreciate it
  4. REs ...............Electrician worth a try, then go 9 Squadron RE for Para
  5. But I would like to be an infantry solider not an electrican
  6. Oh, sorry, just trying to help.
  7. You'll be fine:

8. I didnt mean it to offend, I have had a bad experience with eletrical appliances recently and it out me off being an electrican :(
    Sorry if my post was a bit rude
  9. I'm not hurt, my cloak of facetiousness protects me from retorts! Good luck with whatever choice you make.