color of tapes on No. 2 Dress NCO chevrons

I found a section of the Defence Supply Chain Manual that says "The badges and chevrons denoting rank worn by soldiers with No. 2 dress are to be khaki embroidered white, with the exception of those described at Annex C. They are to be two thirds the size of those worn on No 1 dress, except that: the Household Division and HAC are to wear full size khaki badges and chevrons with brown embroidery . . . "

I have seen Ian Kelly Militaria and E-Bay sellers display NCO chevrons and describe them as "full-size Guards Division" rank badges, but the tapes look white like other NCO chevrons.

I've seen a few Guards Division Number 2 Dress tunics for sale on E-Bay. Again, the stripes always look white.

Is that "brown embroidery" reference a mistake? Or does it refer to some kind of edging around the rank badge? Is there any difference between Guards Division Number 2 Dress chevrons and those of other Regiments - other than the size?

Thank you

OK setting myself up for a possible fall here but i think I am right in saying that the qoute is correct. Guards stripes have always looked slightly more brown than the rest of us mortals the best way I can do it is show you two pictures taken by the same camera at roughly the same time

Here is a pic of a AGC type ( I think) see his white chevrons

Now comapare it to these pics of some guardsmen

Thanks for your prompt helpful reply. The pictures are great! Thank you.

The Guards have had this badge pattern distinction for a long time. It extends to their trade badges too, but these are seldom seen these days.

Poster 1

Poster 2

The Guards have different coloured and larger chevrons. Very much like the WW1/WW2 type.

Note also that Coldstream continue to wear the I on the top of the arm - denoting 1st Battalion (or II for the old second). Not sure what the 4th Bn wore - IV would attract so many witticisms.

But I digress.

I don't recall seeing any other regiment wearing I or II or suchlike.