Colonial Marines and the SA80

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by maguire, Sep 2, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

I'm watching Aliens again, this time on a good upscaling dvd player, and I've just noticed in the armory scene (at 27.22 in), when you see Vasquez checking her smartgun, if you look over her shoulder there are racks of what look like SA80s behind her.

good thing they had the pulse rifles to deal with the xenomorphs...
  2. And in Starwars the Imperial troopers use Sterlings.............
  3. I missed that bit Maguire, I was too busy hand painting my all metallic Sector 4, Gorgon Space Marine figurines on my mums kitchen f*cking geek
  4. The pulse rifles were built on the basis of an M1 Thompson SMG apparently...
  5. It's obvious, times move on so do the weapons.
  6. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

:p yep... I'm a geek and I'm not ashamed...

as for the pulse rifles, yes, they were built from an M1 Thompson in a custom shroud, fitted with a Remington 870 shotgun in a modified SPAS-12 receiver and foregrip as the grenade launcher. The original design used an MP5 as the machine gun, but Cameron thought they didnt look very impressive when firing blanks, hence the change to the Thompson.
  7. I bet you're a fückin' riot out on the lash, mucker. :D :D :D

8. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

in my defence... I've been obsessed by the first two films since seeing the first one as a kid.

and it could be worse... at least it's not Star Trek. now THAT would be cause to go and shoot myself. :p
  9. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

Drove into Southampton a week or two back. As I approached the car park, my head was turned by the sight of an imperial trooper waving people toward one of the shops which obviously had some promotion or other on.

Eyes were naturally drawn to his small metal gun and from the width of the road, it looked as Sterlingescue as you'd expect. Got me thinking about replica firearms, deactivated firearms etc and I'd hoped to be able to get a closer look to see how it looked up real close.

Sadly by the time I'd parked up, he'd buggered off and I wasn't desperate enough to feel a small metal gun in me hands again to go and look for him.
  10. IIRC the weapons I spotted in Star Wars included....

broom handled mauser (han solo).
    MG 3

apparently most of the other weapons were in some way real/replica too. Apart from the laser beams.

SA 80 used in battlestar gallicta too. and soldier soldier, dog soldiers, preston front, and a few others... I watched a Ross Kemp thing the other day where he goes to Afghanistan and the soldiers in that had SA 80s too.

Reni, how is your space marine army coming along? I heard you're a hit down the games workshop :D
  11. F*cking bunch of wierdos, trying sticking radio one on when they are all crouched round intricately painting the Metatron Pulsar Solar Tower and watch them chimmf.

As a plus the police wouldnt go far wrong as to add this particular social strand of wierdos to their 'persons of interest' many a young childs smooth peach may remain untouched.
  12. Fucking priceless. :D
    Nothing else to add.
  13. And although I am going to regret asking, what would the chosen futuristic weapon of choice for this activity?
  14. Obviously it would be a triple phaser, quad pulsar devestator de-atomiser.
  15. That's nothing. I went to work the other day and every bugger had one. Must be contagious.