COLONIAL GENTLEMEN IN SERVICE OF HMG

Well now this is a fine idea...

Where are all the expat Aussies and Kiwis working in the UK?

Any good jobs OHMS with the British?  Any bad ones?

Seeking anyone called Calkin, Blackman, Bellis,

Go the black Caps!!!!

E

error_unknown

Bellis believed to be back 'down under', after leaving our 'special' Sqn.
Don't know others, RAF?

:-/

Blue, you are an  idiot ... everyone knows the expat Kiwis are all living in Knightsbridge now ......

And the aussies are all in Suffolk I heard .....

Earls Court!

PFAH!

Well anyone who's been anywhere near London in the last 20 years can tell you. All the Australians are working behind the bars of our 'fine' capital. It must be something to do with not needing a work permit/visa or the close proximity of booze in the work place that does it  ;D

Mr Happy

LE
Actually it's all bloody South Africans now (their economy has been falling apart since the ANC got in) where as the Aussies are all enjoying boom years and near full employment.  Incidentally, they ALL live in Putney.

When are we going to cut loose the near colonials?

"Scottish Defence Force" has a certain ring to it, even if all the mail would have to be re-directed to MCTC.  

And surely Wales could fulfill some independant military role....NBC test area perhaps?

And I still like the idea of "sign 'em all up and they won't fight us".  Mesopotamian Rifles anyone?

Dave Calkin AAC? I do believe I have an E-mail address for him. Plod now, back down under.

Interesting ideas, although looking at the piccies they appear to be about to issue their army with entirely Spam kit (including the Sheridan light tank which is now obsolete - MONGS). Nought wrong with yankie kit in theory, although I hope they invest in some good IFF stuff.

My question would be: Where are you going to get all your officers from you stupid baskets? The Scottish Infantry Regiments and the Scots DG are almost entirely officered by upper crust Englishmen, and I don't think they'll be interested in serving in your ghastly workers paradise.

Although a Scots Guards Officer of my acquaintance did once visit Scotland for a spot of fishing.

Fred_Karno said:
My question would be: Where are you going to get all your officers from you stupid baskets? The Scottish Infantry Regiments and the Scots DG are almost entirely officered by upper crust Englishmen, and I don't think they'll be interested in serving in your ghastly workers paradise.

Although a Scots Guards Officer of my acquaintance did once visit Scotland for a spot of fishing.
Mmm contraversial :eek:

I happened to come across that bag of arrse written either by some embittered hairy arrsed jock or an american with 18th generation scottish relations whilst doing a search for my old unit.

Quite a clever chap nethertheless, cutting and pasting some ancient "Current State of the British Army in Scotland" and then removing any references to Royal and replacing them with Presidential or Scottish. The thing I want to know is how many of the actual members of these units would actually want to be part of a proposed independant Jock army. As you said they're fecked for officers!

Hmm the mind boggles!