Colonel Holland - No PERSEC Issues involved.

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by Mr_Fingerz, Aug 29, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

2. It is a bit odd. While he can tinkle the ivories quite well, personally I think the best thing he ever did was to introduce Billy Bragg while presenting the Tube back in the 80's...

3. He's also a DL for Kent, so fairly 'establishment'
    • Like Like x 1
  4. I think he's laid on a few bashes for the guys at 1 RSME and 36.
  5. Fair enough.

6. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

As mentioned above Jools Holland is very much part of the Kent "establishment" now. A Deputy Lord Lieutenant of the County etc and looks very fine (!) in his No1 Dress Blues (that's a uniform not a song). A great friend and supporter of the Sappers is a quiet understanted way.
  7. Every day a school day! Thanks for the update.

Just keep him away from the mess piano on a dinner night....

8. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

That's very cool for cats......
  9. Another Jool in the Crown - as they say
  10. diplomat

diplomat War Hero Book Reviewer

I wrote to DL Holland last year asking for his support for a H4H event in his county of Kent. Sent registered etc. I didn't even have the courtesy of a reply!! Nuff Said!
  11. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

If you wrote to the DL direct, I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't get a response. The correct form is to write to the L-L's clerk.
  12. diplomat

diplomat War Hero Book Reviewer

I did!!! Checked address on website and everything! Even checked with one of the other DLs who did have the courtesy to reply !
  13. Perhaps he had more important stuff on. Contrary to what you may believe H4H is not the centre of the military universe.
  14. OUTRAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Never - H4H must be obeyed.
    • Like Like x 1