Colm Murphy

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by blessed baby cakes, Jan 21, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. GRANTED a re trial WTF??????

2. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Apparently two of the Gardai involved in the investigation have been charged with perjury.
  3. prey do tell who colm murphy is?

my news sniffer dog has not had the pleasure to cross his path
  4. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

He's the only person ever to be convicted for taking part in the Omagh bombing.
  5. cheers

makes sense now :roll:
  6. This unfortunately has the makings of one very large charlie fox!

There is claim and counter claim the only concrete outcome (apart from the re-trial), being the two detective gardaí, who were charged with perjury relating to their evidence during Murphy's trial and are appearing in the Court today.

I see no sign of the Fat Lady yet ...... but I agree, we have to get our shite together on this one, just a pity (in this case), that memories fade with the passage of time or maybe the kettle's gone off the boil.
  7. Is he the Murphy who had farm which straddled the border - made loads of dosh moving pigs back and forth?
  8. No, just same name. You'd be thinking of Slab. (see an excellent book called Bandit Country by Toby Harnden- that explains it all)
  9. No, that's Slab. Far more guilty, of many more crimes, over many more years. Slab lives at 71 Ballybinaby Road, just over the border from Cross, which must be the most surveilled farm in Western Europe. Doesn't stop the brute from being a major and very organised criminal, though.
    (All the above is in the public domain).
  10. Totally off-topic, but vitally necessary; how the hell do you come up with a name like stjohn-knobrocket? Was it the result of a particular and memorable incident, or is it an indication of your intentions re: Mrs St John who works in the office down the corridor?
    Only asking :D .
  11. A good well paid Civvy lawyer will usually get you off a charge. Yes I know we are talking S.Ireland but ALL the mil court martials I remember with civvy lawyers ended, usually on apeal with defendant getting off.
  12. Apart from those where it might be deemed Politically expedient :wink:
  13. Nay nay, Cherry would never allow sumthing like that.
  14. It's a long story. Dad called Knob and mother called rocket. Neither wanted to lose their surnames, so there we go. If you want more info :lol: , ask Crapspy.