Collins - My Worst Enemy Was Jealousy

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by TangoZeroAlpha, May 19, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Would like to meet him......................wonder if he is going to do a book signing in London?
    :wink:

2. Was on Telic 1 and close at hand enough to see this 'wronged man' at work. Although his troops thought the world of him I witnessed him threaten an officer with expulsion from theatre for moving two chairs from his ops desk for the impending Bde Comds planning conference. Thought it was an over the top reaction from someone under pressure until he went and saw the officer in question's OC and actually demanded what he had threatened. One of several incidents observed over the course of the tour.

3. I've mentioned this before but I know a lot of R Irish types who really don't like him at all. I met him a few times and he seemed an OK guy, but I never actually had to work for him.

4. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I'm not in a position to make any comments on Col Collins, but I certainly belive him when he says he got no support from the 'establishmnet'. NuLab have created a culture of spin and backstabbing cronyism. Col Collins di not fit into the message, so natuarally all and sundry distances themselves from him.

So much for the golden thread of trust....

5. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Me too....

6. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

...... and (allegedly) written by the embedded Daily Mail reporter in his BG.

7. Now there's a contentious post. Hope the D Mail doesn't see it...

8. Never knew the bloke, probably had a bit too much charisma for the "establishment" and not PC enough. As for the Ops Room incident that Undercover officer mentions, I've seen enough Bde staff primas throw their teddies in the corner over similar trivia. Moral of the story - know your enemy!!

9. Just looked at my tea leaves.

They seem to say 'There will be an angry and irate PM in your inbox shortly PTP " :(

10. Either way, he was a breath of fresh air and upset the staid brass hats.

My kind of person, and I shall look forward to reading his book.

With the support he got, who needs enemies :x

11. Any negative media coverage is still media coverage............need I say more?

12. Bad......your slipping 8O

Surely you delegate or are you now giving general direction?

13. oh no...the worst paper in the country

14. Gents is it the old story that we had with Col Mad Mitch in Aden.
    An officer with strong views, already mainstreamed, for a later high position, comming into conflict with his superior/s.
    We all know he must lose, one of the unplesant facts of the military life we know.
    john