Collie Clips

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by thegimp, Apr 19, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Talk to me about collie clips. What do they get used for in the field.
  2. Clipping collies?

3. Dogs from the Borders, grooming for the use of?
  4. Like a bull dog clip on steriods.

Field ambo's and hospitals use them for hanging IV bags and various other gubbins as they will grip owt that is tubular, be it round or square section such as beds, tents, useful in helicopters as well as there are loads of tubular frame thingies to clip them to.
  5. I've never come across them or felt the need for anything like them. I've just received a crash bag with ******* loads of them in, nicely sat each in their own case taking up space

Bit of overkill from whoever developed the new trauma bag scale (And no doubt found them sexy in theatres) or a numbers mistake?

interestingly the basic kit has been cut down...

Just scratching my head about them really
  6. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

an i thought that i had lived , until i saw this clip.
  7. Truly fanfuckingtastic clips for loads of things and most of them not even 'medical'. A mate of mine was using one at work the other day and was kicking myself for not 'borrowing' a couple when I had the chance!
  8. Why am I picturing a chimp scratching his head?
  9. I love the black ones for SF use at night.
  10. What you do with big metal bulldog clips in the privacy of your own bedroom is your business old chap.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Nice one, you got me there even though Im pretty sure you know what i meant!