• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

College girls banned from whistling at builders

What a bunch of risk adverse, humourless load of ******* this country has become.

A further education college is having to protect builders from wolf-whistling girls, in a reversal of traditional gender stereotypes.

Officials at West Kent College in Tonbridge, Kent, sent an email to all pupils warning that the behaviour was "totally unacceptable", and saying any students caught harassing contractors would face disciplinary action.

The email was sent after a demolition team started work on a £94 million, three-year building project at the campus.

The email read: "It has come to the attention of the college that some female students have been making comments to, or whistling at, the builders both whilst on site and as they walk around the campus.

"Although we are sure no offence is meant, this constitutes harassment and is wholly unacceptable.

"We have asked the contractors' representative to pass on all instances of harassment to the college and we will take appropriate action which may include disciplinary action."

A spokeswoman for the contractors, Galliford Try, said: "We have no registered complaints on this issue. However we do not condone inappropriate behaviour from any parties on our sites."

Meanwhile new laws could see wolf-whistling builders placed on the sex offenders register. The Sexual Offences (Scotland) Bill will create a new offence of "communicating indecently", punishable by up to 10 years in jail.

The legislation is intended to punish sexual harassment by text, emails and letters, but ministers also aim to include sexually explicit comments to strangers. It is expected that the law would only apply to persistent offenders.

At the moment, workmen who repeatedly make obscene comments to passers-by can be convicted of a breach of the peace.
Story

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
I note they've not actually had any complaints however - funny that!

It's a horrendous crime with many hidden victims.

I myself was recently sexually harassed whilst at work. Some rough old skipper who looked like Zelda from Terrahawks came up to the van, cheese beans and chips in hand, and told me that I "was a bit of alright" and "did I want to go back to her plush valley love nest with her". I felt so unclean I went home and had to have a shower and couldn't get the music from the crying game from my head before crying myself to sleep.

I also wondered if she needed the services of a good optician.

So in the midst of all these bizzare new laws, where do I stand on shaking my penis at college girls then?

Biscuits_AB said:
Need a lawyer?
No thanks mate, the music's stopped now. Besides she was probably from some ropey estate on the side of a valley so the only thing of value she has is the inevitable 32" plasma screen tv.

vampireuk said:
So in the midst of all these bizzare new laws, where do I stand on shaking my penis at college girls then?
In the dock?

BrunoNoMedals

LE
Kit Reviewer
ARRSE sweepstakes on how long it takes for the first sexual harrassment case to come about from someone trying to chat up a bird (or, it appears from this story, bloke) in a bar?

My quid's on the final quarter of 2010.

I dunno about being reported to police for making obscene gestures to females (gorgeous or gopping) in bars, I usually get punched!

Latest Threads