Collective unfair punishment?

Robbo96

Clanker
Whats the rules on Collective punishment? I thought it wasnt aloud but our platton sergeant has decided that we should all be punished for something that only a couple of us have done.

I think its massively unfair and want to find out before i make a complaint to the PC i dont see why we should all get punished just becose a couple of lads arwe mingers.

Where can i find the rules on what punishments are aloud and which are not?

Well this is going to end well.

For the record I do agree collective punishment is absolutely pointless, some 50 year olds will be along shortly to call you a puff and declare the army was much better when you could be stabbed in your sleep for having unhappy socks.

Robbo96

Clanker

For the record I do agree collective punishment is absolutely pointless, some 50 year olds will be along shortly to call you a puff and declare the army was much better when you could be stabbed in your sleep for having unhappy socks.

I agree it is pointless becose all it is doing is making everyone get a cob on with the mingers instead of doing something about them but i want to know what the queens regs say?

Whats the rules on Collective punishment? I thought it wasnt aloud but our platton sergeant has decided that we should all be punished for something that only a couple of us have done.

I think its massively unfair and want to find out before i make a complaint to the PC i dont see why we should all get punished just becose a couple of lads arwe mingers.

Which infantry battalion are you a member of?

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer

Back when you got stabbed with a 50 inch bayonet as well
You then got charged for being dead in your bed.
Your mates also got punished for your blood soaked tardiness and failing to parade.

Try telling young uns today they wouldn't believe you.

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer
This thread looks very promising. Just popping out for some crisps and things. Back in a jiff.

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
Geneva Convention any good?

Do you want me to come and finish training for you
You seem to want everyone else to do everything for you .

Collective punishments[edit]
Article 33. No persons may be punished for an offense he or she has not personally committed. Collective penalties and likewise all measures of intimidation or of terrorism are prohibited.
Pillage is prohibited.
Reprisals against persons and their property are prohibited.

Under the 1949 Geneva Conventions, collective punishment is a war crime. By collective punishment, the drafters of the Geneva Conventions had in mind the reprisal killings of World War I and World War II. In the First World War, during the Rape of Belgium, the Germans executed Belgian villagers in mass retribution for resistance activity. In World War II, the Germans carried out a form of collective punishment to suppress resistance. Entire villages or towns or districts were held responsible for any resistance activity that occurred in them.[3] The conventions, to counter this, reiterated the principle of individual responsibility. The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Commentary to the conventions states that parties to a conflict often would resort to "intimidatory measures to terrorize the population" in hopes of preventing hostile acts, but such practices "strike at guilty and innocent alike. They are opposed to all principles based on humanity and justice."
Additional Protocol II of 1977 explicitly forbids collective punishment. But as fewer states have ratified this protocol than GCIV, GCIV Article 33 is the one more commonly quoted.

Robbo96

Clanker
Geneva Convention any good?

Do you want me to come and finish training for you
You seem to want everyone else to do everything for you .

Collective punishments[edit]
Article 33. No persons may be punished for an offense he or she has not personally committed. Collective penalties and likewise all measures of intimidation or of terrorism are prohibited.
Pillage is prohibited.
Reprisals against persons and their property are prohibited.

Under the 1949 Geneva Conventions, collective punishment is a war crime. By collective punishment, the drafters of the Geneva Conventions had in mind the reprisal killings of World War I and World War II. In the First World War, during the Rape of Belgium, the Germans executed Belgian villagers in mass retribution for resistance activity. In World War II, the Germans carried out a form of collective punishment to suppress resistance. Entire villages or towns or districts were held responsible for any resistance activity that occurred in them.[3] The conventions, to counter this, reiterated the principle of individual responsibility. The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Commentary to the conventions states that parties to a conflict often would resort to "intimidatory measures to terrorize the population" in hopes of preventing hostile acts, but such practices "strike at guilty and innocent alike. They are opposed to all principles based on humanity and justice."
Additional Protocol II of 1977 explicitly forbids collective punishment. But as fewer states have ratified this protocol than GCIV, GCIV Article 33 is the one more commonly quoted.

Cheers i think its a bit overkill was looking for queens regs not sure if this will count but at least its some ammo.

Mass killings are a bit further on than going back to hospital corners and wifi being removed but thanks anyway!!

Nice one Sherlock, now do you know where it says that colletcive punishment is illegal?

If you are in training suck it up, it is part of the experience.

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
Nice one Sherlock, now do you know where it says that colletcive punishment is illegal?

Think about this very carefully... Do you REALLY want to turn round to your platoon sjt and tell him you are not going to do this collective punishment? Most likely it will involve some kind of physical exertion, which isn't really a bad thing if you think about it...
What might your training team do in response to any "lip" coming from a recruit?

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

In training maintain a sense of humour, you will be dicked about for the most trivial thing and you will look back on it and chuckle. It generally all happens for a reason.

I hadn't realized that they had already let women join the infantry. Grow up and grow a pair you twat. If you can't suck up a trivial inconvenience like that in a safe and controlled environment, you are very likely to be completely unable to hack it when it all goes pear-shaped for real.

Latest Threads