Collapsible Dog Bowls - the Solution

Discussion in 'ARRSE Social, Events & Networking' started by JoeCivvie, Jul 2, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I usually have a problem finding decent collapsible dog bowls here - the sort of thing you can easily carry in your pack. The ones I've previously had leaked, and were a little too small to allow two muzzles in at the same time.

The solution - I found a silicone rubber flan mould at the local market for the equivalent of 3 Quid. It's about 10 inches across by about 3 inches deep so wide enough for both hounds to drink at the same time. When they've finished drinking it's easy to pour the remaining water back in to the bottle (it's 33C here at present, so I never waste any on a walk). It also rolls up pretty small to tuck into a side pocket on my pack.

Job jobbed!

2. My dog drinks warm beer directly out of the bottle, he wreckons your dogs are pretty gay!

• Like Like x 3
  3. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Got a square, pack- flat collapsible wash bowl jobbie from BCB years ago. Bought it for camping, but my Mums dogs got far better use out of it. Cost less than a fiver.

4. Alternatively, you could inflate a baby's swim ring and lie a bit of polythene loosely over it.

5. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Piss in a puddle, if they are thirsty enough!

6. Did you get that from Take a Break magazine? ;)

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

7. Air Berlin give out "Inflatable Frisbies" on their flights, which are actually thinly disguised rubber rings for the use of those residents of Chalfont St Giles, who find they have arses which resemble the national flag of Japan.

These are entirely inadequate as drinking bowls for dogs but may be just what you are looking for! (Take a Break eat your heart out)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Only one of my dogs is of the homosexualist persuasion.

9. I use a plastic carrier bag which takes up no room at all.

It's not sturdy enough to stand up on its own but I carry a plastic bowl around and the bag sits nicely inside it. Works a treat.

10. I might be missing something here, but if you carry a plastic bowl around, why do you need the carrier bag?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Is that something to do with KitKat?

...or the Highways Agency?

12. That's got me puzzled too - unless we're being had.

I've used the carrier bag trick a few times when I've left the bowl at home. I usually carry a couple in case the dogs crap where they shouldn't, or when I have my once a month rubbish collection on whichever trail I happen to be on. I always wear a 'Saigon Cowboy' bush hat when I'm walking, so I put the carrier bag inside that to give it a bit of support.

I did get a back-up water bowl recently (FFS, how sad is that?). Don't know if you've seen the 'flat pack' plastic flower vases, but the design is similar. It weighs an ounce or two, and lies flat in my pack behind my water bag.

BTW, I can't believe that a post about collapsible water bowls for dogs has gone to 2 pages.

13. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I have tried them all and sold most of them in the shop but in the end a ditch full of stinky water is the dogs favourite.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I do believe you've been caught. :)

15. Not easy to find in the hills of HK at certain times of the year.

• Like Like x 1