Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi, im new to this site but i just have a general question. i know this isnt the health section but from what i know its the people in here who deal with all the medical side of stuff within the army.

I joined the army in march 2008 at 17 and completed phase 1 at bassingbourn and 3/4 of phase 2 at ITC catterick as a junior, at catterick i had some complications and decided to leave, i was then given a 2 year period where i could not re enlist but was recommended for re service within a corps or trade. After i as discharged i started to have a few pains in my stomach, i went to the doctors with this and i was diagnosed with a mild form of colitis, it only plays me up on occasions but nothing serious. After a while i was got bored with being in civvy so i applied to join the RAF Regiment, i completed all the entrance tests and then failed the medical, but they did not specify wether it was the colitis that stopped my application. i started college and i am training to be a carpenter at the moment and i cant see myself doing this within the long run.

It is comming upto the time where i can re apply to the army, so my main question is will colitis bar me completely from service, i read on the army's website that it may hinder my application but nothing else of much use, can anyone shed some light on this question?

2. Im dyslexic and I thought you said you had a clitoris till a work colleague corrected me, been laughing for hours over that,

cheers for brightening my afternoon.
  3. Thanks 'bubblerg', not exactly what i wanted to hear but still many thanks,
  4. Lennon & McCartney "The girl with colitis goes by"