colitis?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by tommylads19000, Mar 28, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi, im new to this iste but i just have a general question.

I joined the army in march 2008 at 17 and completed phase 1 at bassingbourn and 3/4 of phase 2 at ITC catterick as a junior, at catterick i had some complications and decided to leave, i was then given a 2 year period where i could not re enlist but was recommended for re service within a corps or trade. After i as discharged i started to have a few pains in my stomach, i went to the doctors with this and i was diagnosed with a mild form of colitis, it only plays me up on occasions but nothing serious. After a while i was got bored with being in civvy so i applied to join the RAF Regiment, i completed all the entrance tests and then failed the medical, but they did not specify wether it was the colitis that stopped my application. i started college and i am training to be a carpenter at the moment and i cant see myself doing this within the long run.

It is comming upto the time where i can re apply to the army, so my main question is will colitis bar me completely from service, i read on the army's website that it may hinder my application but nothing else of much use, can anyone shed some light on this question? :?

regards,

tom.