Colin Wallace - The Man Who Knew Too Much

Aaaaaand back on topic - I met Colin a few times. He signed my BPA log book a few times when I blagged a few demo jumps with his para team 'The Phantoms' in NI.
His 'D'- licence no is 1416 ( just looked ) For the uninitiated, he had 200 + f/fall descents by that stage in the very early '70's.

Met him again post his prison adventure, when I joined a small company of former 'Them' in London bar, albeit not anticipating his presence. A nice gent and a pleasure to meet again.
Good luck with his venture. He deserves it in my view.

Wonder who's playing me? :rolleyes:

First met him as a wee boy, many years ago.
Was friendly with my parents.

Poppycock

War Hero
A date for your diaries - youtube premier of "The Man Who Knew Too Much" on 29 Sept:

I'm not sure if it'll be free or pay-for-view, but I already watched it on Vimeo & was happy to contribute £4.50 towards their costs

Poppycock

War Hero
The Man Who Knew Too Much - ex-Intel officer Colin Wallace's story - is out on youtube

A very informative hour's viewing - highly recommended to all

Stan_Deesey

War Hero
From 1990 - Wallace being interviewed by Anna Soubry on a TV chat show, along with Ken Livingstone and Miles Copeland the former CIA Station Chief in the UK. Fred Holroyd makes an appearance too.

The Man Who Knew Too Much - ex-Intel officer Colin Wallace's story - is out on youtube

A very informative hour's viewing - highly recommended to all

I'm trying to watch it but it seems to be a musical.

Poppycock

War Hero
From 1990 - Wallace being interviewed by Anna Soubry on a TV chat show, along with Ken Livingstone and Miles Copeland the former CIA Station Chief in the UK. Fred Holroyd makes an appearance too.

My ex-SAS CO (or his twin) is in the audience there. Very interesting...

ETA: Clarification, he was ex-SAS, I'm not

Last edited:
Reference the Colin Wallace saga. In his book, ‘War Without Honour’, the former Special Military Intelligence Unit officer, Captain Fred Holroyd, says that he first met Colin Wallace when he attended a meeting with an SAS officer, Major Keith F, at Army HQ in Lisburn. During that meeting, Colin Wallace, in UDR uniform, came into the room where the meeting was being held and spoke to Keith F. Fred was taken aback to see a UDR officer in what was referred to as the ‘secret corridor’ in the HQ, but Keith F assured him that Colin Wallace was “one of us”. Fred later discovered that Colin Wallace was working closely with another former SAS officer, Major Andy D, who was a training major with the UDR. Andy D was later shot and killed in a ‘blue-on-blue’ incident during the Rhodesia conflict. Fred’s book is well worth reading in terms of his own experiences in NI.

Reference the Colin Wallace saga. In his book, ‘War Without Honour’, the former Special Military Intelligence Unit officer, Captain Fred Holroyd, says that he first met Colin Wallace when he attended a meeting with an SAS officer, Major Keith F, at Army HQ in Lisburn. During that meeting, Colin Wallace, in UDR uniform, came into the room where the meeting was being held and spoke to Keith F. Fred was taken aback to see a UDR officer in what was referred to as the ‘secret corridor’ in the HQ, but Keith F assured him that Colin Wallace was “one of us”. Fred later discovered that Colin Wallace was working closely with another former SAS officer, Major Andy D, who was a training major with the UDR. Andy D was later shot and killed in a ‘blue-on-blue’ incident during the Rhodesia conflict. Fred’s book is well worth reading in terms of his own experiences in NI.
At best, Wallace was a liaison officer, which does not preclude him being a fantasist. It does, however, mean that his access to secret things was limited, however vivid a canvas he may have painted since.

Morning, Fred.

Major Andy D, who was a training major with the UDR. Andy D was later shot and killed in a ‘blue-on-blue’ incident during the Rhodesia conflict.
Andy D is Major Andre Dennison A Company 2 Rhodesian African Rifles. Why not name him. He has been dead since 1979 killed in a blue-on blue as you say and his story is quite well known.

Latest Threads