Colin Wallace - The Man Who Knew Too Much

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Aaaaaand back on topic - I met Colin a few times. He signed my BPA log book a few times when I blagged a few demo jumps with his para team 'The Phantoms' in NI.
His 'D'- licence no is 1416 ( just looked ) For the uninitiated, he had 200 + f/fall descents by that stage in the very early '70's.

Met him again post his prison adventure, when I joined a small company of former 'Them' in London bar, albeit not anticipating his presence. A nice gent and a pleasure to meet again.
Good luck with his venture. He deserves it in my view.

Wonder who's playing me? :rolleyes:
tumblr_inline_p9r0jmHlRj1qju3o3_500.gifv

RTU'd

LE
Aaaaaand back on topic - I met Colin a few times. He signed my BPA log book a few times when I blagged a few demo jumps with his para team 'The Phantoms' in NI.
His 'D'- licence no is 1416 ( just looked ) For the uninitiated, he had 200 + f/fall descents by that stage in the very early '70's.

Met him again post his prison adventure, when I joined a small company of former 'Them' in London bar, albeit not anticipating his presence. A nice gent and a pleasure to meet again.

Oh you meet former "Them" in London bar's?
You were not D section at 5 working with Harry Pearce back in the 80's?
As Sir Harry talks warmly of you and Thames House days.

Poppy

LE

Liam Neeson?

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Frankie Dettori ? :-D

Poppycock

War Hero
Fifty years on from events in Ireland a former British military Intel officer is telling his story in a new film called "The Man Who Knew Too Much", due for public release on vimeo on Friday 18 June: https://vimeo.com/ondemand/themanwhoknewtoomuch

Here's a full review of what to expect: Review | The Man Who Knew Too Much (2020) | MovieSteve
Brilliantly presented, evidenced & referenced documentary shining a light on the dark underbelly of the British Establishment

Hats off to all involved and congratulations on finally getting this information presented so concisely on screen & into the public domain

And in 3, 2, 1... the 77 Brigade will continue trashing his thread with pictures of their dinners which I find very reassuring. It means they really are on their back foot and only a short step away from landing on their arrses again

:)

For those of a certain age.

Wasn't he an early whistleblower of the Kincora Boys Home child sex abuse incident?

Yes.

Kincora is one of the central themes of the documentary

I remember reading the Paul Foot book a very long time ago.

His case also cropped up in a very small circulation "radical" magazine I used to like reading.

For those of a certain age.

Wasn't he an early whistleblower of the Kincora Boys Home child sex abuse incident?
Wasn't he involved with Fred Holroyd, an RCT officer who later served in the Rhodesian Army Service Corp.

Fred Holroyd.

He also wrote a book. I looked at both of them in the bookshop when they both came out but didn't buy them. They both seemed to be extreme conspiracy theorists from the impression I got from the books. I wonder if they knew Robme. He was one of Maurices boys, you know.

Last edited:
It all gets mixed in the wilderness of mirrors.

As Public Enemy wisely said, "Don't believe the hype".

Poppy

LE
I remember reading the Paul Foot book a very long time ago.

His case also cropped up in a very small circulation "radical" magazine I used to like reading.
was that the one called something like Lobster run by a man in Hull?

was that the one called something like Lobster run by a man in Hull?

Always worth a read. Might not agree with it, but often interesting.

Poppy

LE
Always worth a read. Might not agree with it, but often interesting.

is it still going? It's about 30 years since I picked up a copy

My Mam still got coal until she couldn’t manage fire anymore and we had GCH fitted last year. When I looked up her coal and I’m not sure of brand might be Phurnacite? It seemed to be made from Welsh coal.
Considering we are in the Northern Ireland (Op BANNER) forum, I thought "that abbreviation looks familiar".

Latest Threads