Colin Pitchfork Decision. Should a child killer ever be released?

Or give the public a referendum on the question.

Vote for someone who will give them a referendum.

For all the complaining on here, few democratic governments like to apply laws retrospectively.
Pitchfork is being treated how the law says he should be treated.

I didn’t have any catastrophes for those being managed under mappa during my time, two years, on the committee for my area.

I was also responsible for oversight of the sex offenders management unit across two council areas. There were many nights I didn’t sleep easy.

I applied for and got restriction orders on some of the top end, highest risk ones. I had some of them arrested and returned to custody for breach of those orders.

I had some housed where there movements ( ie into and out of their addresses, and that was relevant knowing when they were in or out ) covered by monitored cctv.

I had addresses visited and intrusive interviews with them conducted regularly, and where breaches identified returned them to custody.

Some of them are the most devious cunning decietful predators imaginable, they Spend their entire lives planning, fantasising, waiting for their opportunity. Peter Tobin is probably a good example of that type.

Others are total inadequates. Most look, act and behave just like you and me but the risk in them is always there.

Pitchfork is a particularly difficult one to manage. His sentence is complete and none of it is left unused to fall back on by recall to prison.

I would imagine that because he predates the registration of sex offenders act they will be applying to a court to put restrictions for life on him, as if he was on the register for life.

There may be restructions placed on him to prevent him approaching or being alone with girls under a certain age, or any female at all, if he breaches he can be sentenced, but he will come out again when that sentence is complete.

Managing these characters is extremely difficult.

Is he a risk to others, yes, his offences were sexually motivated and he murdered his victims on separate occasions. He planned prepared, avoided capture etc etc.

Back to the original question can a child killer ever be rehabilitated. In some cases yes.

But when the motive is sexual, repeat offences such as pitchforks crimes. No. I don’t think he can be rehabilitated and offenders such as him should be in custody for full life sentence.

But he isn’t, and that is the mess the mappa team will now be passed to deal with

Thank you for your work in this difficult area.

If the Public cannot be fully protected from these known people you have described because the Law says so - then the Law is inadequate, not fit for purpose or just plain wrong.

The current Managers of these bad Laws need to be pressed to change them for the better.
How to make this happen I dont know.

( But I suspect the HRA may be a significant factor )

Thank you for your work in this difficult area.

If the Public cannot be fully protected from these known people you have described because the Law says so - then the Law is inadequate, not fit for purpose or just plain wrong.

The current Managers of these bad Laws need to be pressed to change them for the better.
How to make this happen I dont know.

( But I suspect the HRA may be a significant factor )
As Whole life tarrifs have been ruled HRA compliant its seems unlikely.

Give it time, this specimen of 'humanity' will again grace the courts.

That thing needs stomping into a dribbling, honking, windowlicking mess in a wheelchair. It will cease to be a danger to kids. But I need a volunteer every school day, to push it past a few school playgrounds, so the kids can point and laugh at the spacker.

DirtbagCivvy

Old-Salt
I didn’t have any catastrophes for those being managed under mappa during my time, two years, on the committee for my area.

I was also responsible for oversight of the sex offenders management unit across two council areas. There were many nights I didn’t sleep easy.

I applied for and got restriction orders on some of the top end, highest risk ones. I had some of them arrested and returned to custody for breach of those orders.

I had some housed where there movements ( ie into and out of their addresses, and that was relevant knowing when they were in or out ) covered by monitored cctv.

I had addresses visited and intrusive interviews with them conducted regularly, and where breaches identified returned them to custody.

Some of them are the most devious cunning decietful predators imaginable, they Spend their entire lives planning, fantasising, waiting for their opportunity. Peter Tobin is probably a good example of that type.

Others are total inadequates. Most look, act and behave just like you and me but the risk in them is always there.

Pitchfork is a particularly difficult one to manage. His sentence is complete and none of it is left unused to fall back on by recall to prison.

I would imagine that because he predates the registration of sex offenders act they will be applying to a court to put restrictions for life on him, as if he was on the register for life.

There may be restructions placed on him to prevent him approaching or being alone with girls under a certain age, or any female at all, if he breaches he can be sentenced, but he will come out again when that sentence is complete.

Managing these characters is extremely difficult.

Is he a risk to others, yes, his offences were sexually motivated and he murdered his victims on separate occasions. He planned prepared, avoided capture etc etc.

Back to the original question can a child killer ever be rehabilitated. In some cases yes.

But when the motive is sexual, repeat offences such as pitchforks crimes. No. I don’t think he can be rehabilitated and offenders such as him should be in custody for full life sentence.

But he isn’t, and that is the mess the mappa team will now be passed to deal with
At the local one (that’s no more than 500 yards from a primary school and looks over the playground) one got stung trying to meet a 14 year old for sex roughly three weeks ago, and word is last week another from the same place has been caught messing with a 6 year old boy. Not to mention a girl was raped in a local park a few months back (this is extremely rare for my village) and another lad who wasn’t supposed to be around Kids or women had moved in with and then beat a woman and has now been moved into a cushy council house...

Chef

LE

This is the most casually frightening bit:

'The lawyer said Ferguson also intended to refer himself to a nearby hospital for mental health treatment.
Judge David Potter asked how he should "square" that with risks identified in a pre-sentence report and psychiatric report.
Mr Baxter (Ferguson's lawyer) suggested if Ferguson accessed the treatment "perhaps there is a real prospect that the risk might be reduced".'

Five 'Maybes' and a 'Suggestion' it doesn't sound likely it's going to happen at all.

To the lawyer who put that many caveats in his appeal I'd say,

'You'd be quite happy to let Mr Ferguson stay at your residence during his period of treatment? How are your lovely children?'

Last edited:

DirtbagCivvy

Old-Salt
This is the most casually frightening bit:

'The lawyer said Ferguson also intended to refer himself to a nearby hospital for mental health treatment.
Judge David Potter asked how he should "square" that with risks identified in a pre-sentence report and psychiatric report.
Mr Baxter (Ferguson's lawyer) suggested if Ferguson accessed the treatment "perhaps there is a real prospect that the risk might be reduced".'

Five 'Maybes' and a 'Suggestion' it doesn't sound likely it's going to happen at all.

To the lawyer who put that many caveats in his appeal I'd say,

'You'd be quite happy to let Mr Ferguson stay at your residence during his period of treatment? How are your lovely children?'
This is the thing, in their posh housing estates or on their private land etc they’d never have to come into contact with these monstrosities, or have to shop in the same town as them, so why TF would they give a shit?
Plus if they start handing out harsh sentences then they’d have to give the same sentences to their pleb mates etc who get caught in the same circles...

Last edited:
I'm sure there won't be any adverse consequences from the decision to release Mr Pitchfork. It's not as though in the past murderers who have been released from, "life sentences" have gone on to kill other innocent victims. I have no doubt the parole board got it absolutely right this time.

(Just in case anyone is in doubt}

tenor (52).gif

Last edited:

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Perhaps if the Board individuals attended post mortems of child murder victims and had to inhale the putrid stench of weeks old rotting children who burst open at the first scalpel cut, riddled with blow flies, pillbugs & beetles...and then spend an afternoon with the parents...it might...might just stay with them a wee bit longer.
The stupid virtue signalling do gooding knunters.

Last edited:
That thing needs stomping into a dribbling, honking, windowlicking mess in a wheelchair. It will cease to be a danger to kids. But I need a volunteer every school day, to push it past a few school playgrounds, so the kids can point and laugh at the spacker.
Wesley Walt

TamH70

MIA

I'll never understand why they let these dangerous scumbags back out. I don't care if he's "done his time", if he's still a danger then keep him locked up indefinitely, rather than waiting until he ruins some other kid and families lives before locking him back up again.

Perhaps if the Board individuals attended post mortems of child murder victims and had to inhale the putrid stench of weeks old rotting children who burst open at the first scalpel cut, riddled with blow flies, pillbugs & beetles...and then spend an afternoon with the parents...it might...might just stay with them a wee bit longer.
The stupid virtue signalling do gooding knunters.

In reality the head of the CPS that choose not to prosecute Jimmy Saville or paedophile rings in Rochdale etc, is now the leader of the Labour Party

The long march through the institutions and Labour's dalliance with the Paedophile Information Exchange have brought us to this place

Last edited:
I'll never understand why they let these dangerous scumbags back out. I don't care if he's "done his time", if he's still a danger then keep him locked up indefinitely, rather than waiting until he ruins some other kid and families lives before locking him back up again.
As said previously on this thread, if he was truly reformed and repentant, he would accept his fate and remain behind bars.
The fact he is now walking the streets at the relatively young age of 61, is a privilege he denied those two young lasses.
Unbelievable decision, made by sanctimonious, out of touch individuals.

diverman

LE
Book Reviewer
The only way out of his cell should have been into the cell next door and down the trapdoors coming to a sudden stop as the rope finished paying out.

Latest Threads