Colin Pitchfork Decision. Should a child killer ever be released?

DirtbagCivvy

Old-Salt
The judges can only sentence in accordance with the law in force at the time of the offence. The law is passed by Parliament, it is therefore up to Parliament to pass laws which provide for suitable punishment. The judges cannot make things up as they go along.
I understand how it works in that respect, what I’m saying is as a judge, they should be able to judge people based on their crimes not what the government regs say. That’s why we end up with paedos getting community service or very lenient sentences, and because of this i feel it doesn’t work as a deterrent rather it let’s them carry on as they know they won’t get any serious time, apart from certain ones and even then what’s 20 years when they’ve ripped a kids life apart or worse, taken their life?

You refer of course to that scum Ian Huntley .
One of my daughters at the time of his arrest and trial was living in a council bungalow in the village of Lakenheath where a couple years before Huntleys Partner Maxine Carr had lived with her mother .
Daughter had to move herself and her family out due to the amount of reporters knocking at the door at all hours .
Plus as the mother of two young girls she found it very upsetting .

I think Huntley received a 40 year term? He was convicted in the early 2000s. So in theory he could be out in 20 odd years time, although I’d doubt it.

Londo

LE
I think Huntley received a 40 year term? He was convicted in the early 2000s. So in theory he could be out in 20 odd years time, although I’d doubt it.
Even after 20 years he will be very recognisable . I don't think much for his chances .
That's is if someone doesn't do him while inside although I would have thought that would have happened by now .
I know there was one attempt .

Maxine Carr gets a mention earlier. Around 2004-2005, I saw tribute act, Sex Pistols Experience at Gateshead Three Tuns. The singer dedicated this song to Maxine Carr.

“A government spokesperson said their "thoughts remain with the families of Lynda Mann and Dawn Ashworth",
What a load of meaningless claptrap, equivalent to “lessons will be learned”.
If the Government cared one iota for the families of those poor wee mites, this piece of excretement would never see the light of day again.
Boils my piss! :-x

“A government spokesperson said their "thoughts remain with the families of Lynda Mann and Dawn Ashworth",
What a load of meaningless claptrap, equivalent to “lessons will be learned”.
If the Government cared one iota for the families of those poor wee mites, this piece of excretement would never see the light of day again.
Boils my piss! :-x
Wonder how those families feel, hearing a patronising bromide like that when this pos is on the streets and won't even be on the register?

People like this should only be let out if it was stipulated that upon release they had to live next door to a member of the parole board. That might concentrate a few minds.

1626716931166.png

Colin should be pitchforked and torched.......

DirtbagCivvy

Old-Salt
No, they haven't in the past, so why should they do in the future.
They don’t care, it’s all about the money the agencies involved get from whatever funding pot- they don’t even tell local councillors or schools that these monsters get moved into their communities (probably from fear the locals will protest and shut it down, losing them the lucrative contracts)

jmb3296

War Hero
They don’t care, it’s all about the money the agencies involved get from whatever funding pot- they don’t even tell local councillors or schools that these monsters get moved into their communities (probably from fear the locals will protest and shut it down, losing them the lucrative contracts)
They are managed under Mappa.

There is nothing in mappa arrangements about telling local councillors, I don’t see many occasions that councillors would be able to contribute to the management of the individual subject to mappa.

Schools can be told but it would depend on the individual circumstances.

I haven’t been involved in mappa for about seven years so I am not current on it.

But note that it is their to manage the risk for individuals released. It doesn’t choose who is released to the management of the individual committees, it receives who the criminal justice system release to it.

Chef

LE
They are managed under Mappa.

There is nothing in mappa arrangements about telling local councillors, I don’t see many occasions that councillors would be able to contribute to the management of the individual subject to mappa.

Schools can be told but it would depend on the individual circumstances.

I haven’t been involved in mappa for about seven years so I am not current on it.

But note that it is their to manage the risk for individuals released. It doesn’t choose who is released to the management of the individual committees, it receives who the criminal justice system release to it.
I can appreciate that MAPPA has to play the hand they're dealt and I bet they're overjoyed to have Pitchfork wished on them.

However if it goes wrong and I hope that that's the case does anyone take responsibility? Not just them but the parole board that sat on his case, anyone at all?

Or is the whole procedure from start to finish blame free for the instigators?

Maxine Carr gets a mention earlier. Around 2004-2005, I saw tribute act, Sex Pistols Experience at Gateshead Three Tuns. The singer dedicated this song to Maxine Carr.

At least John Lydon did his best to warn of establishment paedos, even if the BBC shut him down

I can appreciate that MAPPA has to play the hand they're dealt and I bet they're overjoyed to have Pitchfork wished on them.

However if it goes wrong and I hope that that's the case does anyone take responsibility? Not just them but the parole board that sat on his case, anyone at all?

Blame the public who keep voting for politicians who wont change the law.

jmb3296

War Hero

I didn’t have any catastrophes for those being managed under mappa during my time, two years, on the committee for my area.

I was also responsible for oversight of the sex offenders management unit across two council areas. There were many nights I didn’t sleep easy.

I applied for and got restriction orders on some of the top end, highest risk ones. I had some of them arrested and returned to custody for breach of those orders.

I had some housed where there movements ( ie into and out of their addresses, and that was relevant knowing when they were in or out ) covered by monitored cctv.

I had addresses visited and intrusive interviews with them conducted regularly, and where breaches identified returned them to custody.

Some of them are the most devious cunning decietful predators imaginable, they Spend their entire lives planning, fantasising, waiting for their opportunity. Peter Tobin is probably a good example of that type.

Others are total inadequates. Most look, act and behave just like you and me but the risk in them is always there.

Pitchfork is a particularly difficult one to manage. His sentence is complete and none of it is left unused to fall back on by recall to prison.

I would imagine that because he predates the registration of sex offenders act they will be applying to a court to put restrictions for life on him, as if he was on the register for life.

There may be restructions placed on him to prevent him approaching or being alone with girls under a certain age, or any female at all, if he breaches he can be sentenced, but he will come out again when that sentence is complete.

Managing these characters is extremely difficult.

Is he a risk to others, yes, his offences were sexually motivated and he murdered his victims on separate occasions. He planned prepared, avoided capture etc etc.

Back to the original question can a child killer ever be rehabilitated. In some cases yes.

But when the motive is sexual, repeat offences such as pitchforks crimes. No. I don’t think he can be rehabilitated and offenders such as him should be in custody for full life sentence.

But he isn’t, and that is the mess the mappa team will now be passed to deal with