Colin Pitchfork Decision. Should a child killer ever be released?

FrosteeMARIA

LE
Gallery Guru
Where’s the outrage from these women’s groups? The same who held a vigil from that young woman killed by a policeman?
Why aren’t they kicking up a fuss like they did with John Worboys?

FrosteeMARIA

LE
Gallery Guru
In this country, we let these faceless Probation officers, paid for by me and you, to let these vile creatures out of prison back into society.
For bizarre reasons only known to themselves.

In this country, we let these faceless Probation officers, paid for by me and you, to let these vile creatures out of prison back into society.
For bizarre reasons only known to themselves.

Id hazard a guess and say because the criminals have passed whatever the criteria is for release.

He’s been in prison for 33 years. What contribution to society will he make?
He’s unlikely to gain anything meaningful employment. He’ll be given accommodation and free money to roam around freely.
He’ll still cost the taxpayer money, I’d rather he was just kept behind bars. Some ‘things ‘are not worth rehabilitating.

DirtbagCivvy

Old-Salt
It occurred to me that the next few weeks is not the best time for any single man aged between 50 and 70 to be moving into a new neighbourhood.

I've often wondered with these secret identities how they manage to allay the suspicions of neighbours and locals.
The councils/local authority sneak them into halfway houses- my local council pays for old people’s homes to be renovated and used for this purpose, and they don’t notify the local councillors or police force about it presumably so they don’t get backlash and people petitioning against it. I’m currently liaising with my local councillor as the one in my town is 300 yards from my own kids’ primary school madness half the kids and parents walk past it twice a day unawares of the monsters that are houses there.
I even brought it up with the headteacher and her response was the local authority would have told her if there was a danger- while admitting they didn’t know anything about it and saying they wouldn’t be telling the parents about it either.
So I am telling anyone and everyone in the area including all the little sh!t house young uns who will hopefully go round and torture the life out of em (like we used to do as young uns when we found any living in my home town)
These authorities disgust me and it wouldn’t be that if they were living next to them or on their kids school route.

Last edited:

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Too expensive. The Nigerian solution is better.
or the Chinese

22589759086_685bbfa578_k.jpg

a bit more here

Last edited:

Londo

LE
Some years ago I read somewhere* that offenders like Pitchfork have a re-offending rate of around 75% without therapy and around 25% with. These figures may be a bit out because I read that around 10 years or more ago, however it does convey the picture. Even with therapy, always assuming that there are enough therapists to meet the requirements and assuming that the convict is willing, then a re-offending rate of 25% or even 15% means that a freed killer is potentially a ticking time bomb. That sooner or late a young girl will suffer. This is simply not acceptable, the public has an absolute right to safety and protection from evil doing, it is the first obligation of any democratic state to its citizens. If this means that such offenders stay behind bars until they die or are not released until they are so knackered that they can't do anything, then so be it.

*Some years ago, 2000ish, two 10 year old girls were murdered by their school care taker. The father of one of the girls wrote a book, "Goodbye Dearest Holly", I seem to remember that these figures were in that book, which incidentally is not for the faint of heart to read.
You refer of course to that scum Ian Huntley .
One of my daughters at the time of his arrest and trial was living in a council bungalow in the village of Lakenheath where a couple years before Huntleys Partner Maxine Carr had lived with her mother .
Daughter had to move herself and her family out due to the amount of reporters knocking at the door at all hours .
Plus as the mother of two young girls she found it very upsetting .

I even brought it up with the headteacher and her response was the local authority would have told her if there was a danger- while admitting they didn’t know anything about it and saying they wouldn’t be telling the parents about it either.
Wtaf?!

No adult should have that level of naivety after a certain age. That's outrageous.

DirtbagCivvy

Old-Salt
Wtaf?!

No adult should have that level of naivety after a certain age. That's outrageous.
I was shocked and disgusted at her response tbh. Makes me more determined to bring light to what these local authorities are doing though and once I’ve got enough info I’m away to the papers so everyone knows about these places. They’ll probably be in most small villages near jails too and unknown ignorance two other places in towns close by that are the same as that one too (I’m not far from Durham and Frankland Nick)

Jacl

Old-Salt
You refer of course to that scum Ian Huntley .
One of my daughters at the time of his arrest and trial was living in a council bungalow in the village of Lakenheath where a couple years before Huntleys Partner Maxine Carr had lived with her mother .
Daughter had to move herself and her family out due to the amount of reporters knocking at the door at all hours .
Plus as the mother of two young girls she found it very upsetting .
That's him, I'd forgotten the name. Apparently he escaped a whole life tariff because that didn't come into effect until just after his trial.
Very upsetting? I can well imagine.

DirtbagCivvy

Old-Salt
That's him, I'd forgotten the name. Apparently he escaped a whole life tariff because that didn't come into effect until just after his trial.
Very upsetting? I can well imagine.
These judges are half the problem though, it shouldn’t take a set of rules for them to punish these monsters appropriately, they should already be sentencing them to life with no chance of ever being released.
Or even better being hanged by barbed wire.

Jacl

Old-Salt
These judges are half the problem though, it shouldn’t take a set of rules for them to punish these monsters appropriately,

The judges can only sentence in accordance with the law in force at the time of the offence. The law is passed by Parliament, it is therefore up to Parliament to pass laws which provide for suitable punishment. The judges cannot make things up as they go along.

The judges cannot make things up as they go along.
For some reason some people seem to struggle with that concept.

My mind turns to the title story in Frederick Forsyths book of short stories, The Veteran.
I long for real justice in the country. I feel I am doomed to be disappointed.

Chef

LE
The judges can only sentence in accordance with the law in force at the time of the offence. The law is passed by Parliament, it is therefore up to Parliament to pass laws which provide for suitable punishment. The judges cannot make things up as they go along.
A valid point, undermined by the number of times minimal sentences are given.

Sometimes accompanied by words along the lines of,

'Your actions warrant a custodial sentence, however in this case 18 months suspended'.

Happens quite a lot. I'll try and find it but at some stage a sentence was modified because the criminal had booked a holiday, I think.

Edit. Behind a paywall but the headline gives the flavour of it:

Latest Threads