Coldstream Guards

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Rytrospyk, Apr 24, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm not sure whether to join the Yorkshire Regiment/The Rifles or The Coldstream Guards and was wondering if i choose the CSG is it a must that you stand outside Buckingham palace with the bearskin helmets which is obviously something im happy to do :p?

2. I hear t-shirt and flip flops are an alternative option....... wah

3. What difference would it make if you did?
    You should be proud to perform such a duty.

4. Too right.

5. First, its coldstream, one word, and second its a bearskin helmet not a hat.

Standing outside the palace and the other royal abodes is an honour and something to be proud of.
    And, its only a small part of the job, but i think you should join the Grenadiers personally, proper regiment.

6. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

The only stupid question is the one you never asked so the answer is yes if you join the Guards you will spend time doing ceremonial duties such as outside Buckhouse in a red tunic and a bearskin.

If don't want to do that then don't join the Guards. However from time to time other parts of the army also do ceremonial duties and non-Guards battalions sometimes spend time as public duties battalion.

7. LOL just asking sheesh im happy doing whatever ;)

8. first you must ask yourself, do you like sheep?