Coldstream Guards

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by F3rb, Jan 23, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone give me any info about them? i expect some cockyness:D

2. Is a man not allowed to consider his options?

3. You could consider going to the recruiting office. Right now.

4. Lol maybe i should, maybe you should care to help me? give me your opinion?

5. Fine bunch of men (an No, I'm not a Coldstreamer). Off to Afghanistan later this year. Another unofficial link is:

http://www.shinycapstar.com/

6. Lol "seconds to one"

7. dont do it, youll get fed up standing on the left.

8. If it's the Guards you want to join go ahead and tell them at thge careers office. Remember that all the posters on ARRSE were once in your position and look at how they've turned out. No don't do that it'll put you off completely. Seriously go for it and enjoy it which you can if you put your mind to it and be aware that it won't be all roses.

9. For fcuk sake DON'T join the Guards.

BT

10. My first posting out of training from Bordon was a few months with the Grenadier Guards in Munster and then with the Coldstream Guards who took over from the Grens. At times I regretted being posted to 2CG so early in my career. After 2 CG, I found difficulty in settling down in subsequent units ,always comparing them to the Coldstreams, and marking them short, very short.
    An excellant unit.

11. Out of curiosity, do the Coldstream (or any of the other Guards Regiments) require a minimum hight? Being around 5'5 would that be awkward?

12. being an ex guardsman and only 5ft 9inches i can tell you you will be the butt of endless piss takes.

when i joined we had to be 5ft 8

13. RSM Walsh 2CG looked around 5'6 to me. But speaking of butt. When 2CG took over the North Howard Street make shift barracks in '70, most of the toilet bowls were junior. Really TS for a 6'+guardsman. One of our REME fitters was 5'5", some wag made a ladder for him to reach his bed. (not a bunk bed)