• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Coldstream Guards Turban

You really need to read the JSP, or to ask someone to read it to you since you seem incapable of basic comprehension.

Yes, you can say you're a Christian and have it entered in your JPA, but you can't decide if you're the Pope, etc; similarly you can say you're a Sikh but you can't decide if you're a fully practicing Sikh if the Sikh chaplain says you're not.

Even I can't be bothered to argue with you any more because, just as you refused to acknowledge your post on "shaved heads" despite it being there for anyone bored enough to see, you'll just continue to refuse to acknowledge what's in the JSP even when I quote it.
You cant be bothered because you are wrong as usual. If I say I'm the pope and the army agrees I'm the head of the Catholics then that is what the army would recognise me as. Just as if I were to say I'm a fully practising Sikh.
There is a reason that the army doesn't get involved in who is and who isn't a true believer (which you might know if you were serving) it's because almost no one can 100% adher to all the stupid rules that religions have and serve in the British army. So people make compromises and while it's all very well some bellthronk of the other side of the world can claim they are not really religious, the army/MOD isn't going to judge.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
You really need to read the JSP, or to ask someone to read it to you since you seem incapable of basic comprehension.

Yes, you can say you're a Christian and have it entered in your JPA, but you can't decide if you're the Pope, etc; similarly you can say you're a Sikh but you can't decide if you're a fully practicing Sikh if the Sikh chaplain says you're not.

Even I can't be bothered to argue with you any more because, just as you refused to acknowledge your post on "shaved heads" despite it being there for anyone bored enough to see, you'll just continue to refuse to acknowledge what's in the JSP even when I quote it.
toddler-tantrum2-500x270.jpg

No one really cares what religion anyone is, or how easy it is or not change it.

The issue is, did the guy involved snort a bit of marching powder or not. If he did, and i repeat it is still an if at this stage, when he will get what he deserves.
It would seem religion in the Forces is now more controversial than taking class A drugs. Who woulda thunkit.

It would seem religion in the Forces is now more controversial than taking class A drugs. Who woulda thunkit.
It's a ******* joke. When you have senior officers brown nosing the iman when he telling the audience they have to let Muslims go to prayer because smokers get a fag break you know something is wrong.
Despite the shite John G is frantically googling anyone can claim to be a certain religion and then cherry pick the bits they like.

It's a ******* joke. When you have senior officers brown nosing the iman when he telling the audience they have to let Muslims go to prayer because smokers get a fag break you know something is wrong.
Despite the shite John G is frantically googling anyone can claim to be a certain religion and then cherry pick the bits they like.
It certainly sounds like a ******* joke. I just don't hear anyone laughing.

I believe John Google actually has a range of shortcuts of JSPs stored on his desktop (next to Paul Francis Gadd holiday snaps) and waits for a thread like this in order that he can quote verbatim what a policy states in the misheld belief that it makes him right.

What if you have supporting documentation?
1537970623648.jpeg

Hmm, interesting photo, but I'll bet that the Upper Castes wouldn't speak to the Lower Castes, and none of them would talk to the darkest one?
incidentally, do you think the Sikhs took their turbans off when flying? Difficult to get a flying-helmet on otherwise I's say.
Watching the Battle of Britain Model sqd the other night on TV, and there was an RAF Sikh Engineer talking about a Sikh in RAF during BofB who flew wearing a turban.

Edit: Ops, hadn't read all replies before I posted. Seen it has already been covered

Watching the Battle of Britain Model sqd the other night on TV, and there was an RAF Sikh Engineer talking about a Sikh in RAF during BofB who flew wearing a turban.

Edit: Ops, hadn't read all replies before I posted. Seen it has already been covered
Just reword it, change the fonts about and add another paragraph that's got nothing to do with it.

That's how most people get around these things.

This Saturday is Michaelmas - how many of you are observing tradition and having a Goose...
So lads you tell your Mrs or partner after you goosed them your just keeping tradition alive
Good Christian me :p

Just reword it, change the fonts about and add another paragraph that's got nothing to do with it.

That's how most people get around these things.
Most people?

QRs state somewhere that if a soldier wants to grow a beard for religious reasons then he is to seek permission from the CO first (i.e. be clean shaven until permission is granted). This is out-dated in terms of E&D and can be interpreted as discrimination if enforced by an overly important RSM.

QRs state somewhere that if a soldier wants to grow a beard for religious reasons then he is to seek permission from the CO first (i.e. be clean shaven until permission is granted). This is out-dated in terms of E&D and can be interpreted as discrimination if enforced by an overly important RSM.
Who told you that?

In the RN you have to stick in a request form to grow a beard. I used to rather enjoy filling them out on behalf of a few of the wrens and irritating young officers, and sticking them in the ship’s office in tray.