Coldstream Guards Turban

Just to add. At RMAS I said I was a catholic. I’m half Irish and got a very Irish sounding surname. I’m not BTW. However, the advantage of being an RC was a later church service (where getting a cheeky nap was encouraged and didn’t result in extras) and tea and cakes after.
Nobody questioned me. ‘‘Twas before JPA!
PC gone mad!

Just to add. At RMAS I said I was a catholic. I’m half Irish and got a very Irish sounding surname. I’m not BTW. However, the advantage of being an RC was a later church service (where getting a cheeky nap was encouraged and didn’t result in extras) and tea and cakes after.
Nobody questioned me. ‘‘Twas before JPA!
PC gone mad!
Ditto - a bunch of us identified as RC curious- cue tea and biccies and no drill on church Sundays. Bliss.

When I first joined I said I had no religion and did not believe in any god,because I don't.
I was ORDERED(yes,really) to put CofE.
Eventually I was allowed to amend my records to no religion,but it took years.
I enlisted as an agnostic - AGN on the docs and ID discs. No problem until I went to RMAS a few years later, and 'church parade' was mandatory for Christians. Church it was, for me.

I started with C of E, and after being shouted at each Sunday thought I'd give Catholicism a pop. Fantastic - first time was a talk about contraception, and tea and biccies after.

I am now atheist.

I was one of the first 40 to be tested in Germany in 1995, out of the 40 about 15 left that week by refusing.
I think it was early 1994 at the earliest
This was my regiment

UK and Germany were still in black and white in 95? Or are you still suffering symptoms of the LSD dosing in 1964, and in need of some extra compo?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I enlisted as an agnostic - AGN on the docs and ID discs. No problem until I went to RMAS a few years later, and 'church parade' was mandatory for Christians. Church it was, for me.

I started with C of E, and after being shouted at each Sunday thought I'd give Catholicism a pop. Fantastic - first time was a talk about contraception, and tea and biccies after.

I am now atheist.
Seeing as how the thread has done its usual Arrse tangent move, my own experience at IJLB was everyone parades for Church. CofE fall out on the right, Catholics fall out on the left Odds and Sods stand still. This included Church if Scotland. Off went CofE to church, RC to chapel and odds and sods to the 54 club for tea, biscuits and snooker. Occasionally a passing CofS padre was pulled in to talk to us heathens, but no Service! :D

Link please.

Edit: and, while it's a little late, you may want to check who said they'd been on a briefing about this and what they said ... just a hint, but they're serving ...

2nd edit: on second thoughts, to save any more time-wasting, here's the post from that "expert" saying "shaved heads ... shouldn't happen": Oops .....:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Not sure how to link a radio advert.

Where did I say it shouldn't happen? Once again you googled something and interpreted it your own way. Once again you aren't in the army, You are on the other side of the world using a search engine as your guide.

You are on the other side of the world using a search engine as your guide.

A lot of SEEKING going on

Sorry

The precedent was set some time ago:

Hmm, interesting photo, but I'll bet that the Upper Castes wouldn't speak to the Lower Castes, and none of them would talk to the darkest one?
incidentally, do you think the Sikhs took their turbans off when flying? Difficult to get a flying-helmet on otherwise I's say.

I could get my religion changed to Sikh tomorrow on JPA and the army would have to treat me as one. You have been out of the army for 20 odd years whereas I have to deal with the multi cultural paradise that the army is every single day. The army does not decide who is a proper Sikh or any other religion. If it's on JPA then that's it.
I had Jedi recorded on JPA despite you telling me that it isn't a recognised religion. My dogtags had "OB" on there for "Other Belief".

Have I been discriminated against?

I had Jedi recorded on JPA despite you telling me that it isn't a recognised religion. My dogtags had "OB" on there for "Other Belief".

Have I been discriminated against?
I tried pastafarian ages ago and was told to **** off. It's me who has been discriminated against.

During training Padres Hour was just before lunch on Wednesday. Word got round that the Methodist minister was not happy about coming on to camp and had agreed with the CoC that any Methodists would be allowed to go to his chapel in civvies for Padres Hour, his chapel was a few doors down from a reasonable pub. Cue about half the Squad (those in the know) “converting”.

Hmm, interesting photo, but I'll bet that the Upper Castes wouldn't speak to the Lower Castes, and none of them would talk to the darkest one?
incidentally, do you think the Sikhs took their turbans off when flying? Difficult to get a flying-helmet on otherwise I's say.
In the Battle of Britain modelling prog on C4 there was a Sikh RAF Engineering Officer. He was telling the story of a Sikh RAF fighter in the BoB who was the first person to fly in combat with a turban rather than a helmet. Interesting story.

Not sure how to link a radio advert.

Where did I say it shouldn't happen?
Ummm ... here (again):
That isn't what exaggerated nature means, I know because we had a very boring lecture on it. Women can wear their hair the same as normal men (not including religious/medical reasons) exaggerated basically meant hair massive hair extentions, shaved heads (I think it is or was supposed to be grade 2 minimum although obviously balding men shave the rest off).
  • "exaggerated nature" = banned = "shouldn't happen"
  • "shaved heads" = ummm ... "shaved heads"
Regardless of serving or not, on the other side of the world or not, there's not really any other way of "interpreting" it.

That is your post, isn't it? You really are a dumb-arrse.
Hmm, I thought someone was about to start oiling the chain on their reverse-a-cycle.
Evidently they already have - but the chain seems to have broken.

Last edited:
Here (again):
Ummm ... here:
  • "exaggerated nature" = banned = "shouldn't happen"
  • "shaved heads" = ummm ... "shaved heads"
Regardless of serving or not, on the other side of the world or not, there's not really any other way of "interpreting" it.

That is your post, isn't it? You really are a dumb-arrse.
Evidently they already have - but the cjain seems to have broken.
I didn't break the QUOTE thing. It was like that when I got here.

You shouldn't really have mistakes in your own post if you're trying to gain the upper hand.