Coldstream Guards Turban

@John G now that Google has failed you have you contacted anyone in the British army to ask them? They'll also tell you that I'm right.
Ask them what? If a Sikh soldier can decide if he's patit or not? A Catholic soldier can decide if he's excommunicated or not? If the Army can decide for either of them?

Nothing personal, but if you think that's the case you're out of your tiny mind.

If he's patit he can't be fully practicing. It's neither his decision nor the Army's. Still Catholics but unable to receive the sacraments. Not giving the sacraments to an excommunicant is a given and the Army can't change that - like patit for Sikhs, it's not the individual's nor the Army's decision to make.

I think this really has run its course of blind ignorance and utter stupidity.
you are a boring old kunt.

I was one of the first 40 to be tested in Germany in 1995, out of the 40 about 15 left that week by refusing.
I think it was early 1994 at the earliest
This was my regiment

If he's patit he can't be fully practicing. It's neither his decision nor the Army's.
Wrong as always. People get to chose their religion in the British army. It is indeed the army decision whether or not to accept it.
Still Catholics but unable to receive the sacraments. Not giving the sacraments to an excommunicant is a given and the Army can't change that - like patit for Sikhs, it's not the individual's nor the Army's decision to make.

I think this really has run its course of blind ignorance and utter stupidity.
Google up and running on Catholics now.
The army doesn't care what rules the pope invokes the soldier is still a catholic if he says he is.

It hasn't run it's course, You have been proven wrong (again) because you rely on Google to much and you want people to move onto something else.

To clarify (yet a-*******-gain) if someone has sikh as their religion on JPA and they say they are a fully practising sikh then that is what they are in the eyes of the army regardless if they smoke, drink or **** other people's wives.

Ask them what? If a Sikh soldier can decide if he's patit or not? A Catholic soldier can decide if he's excommunicated or not? If the Army can decide for either of them?

Nothing personal, but if you think that's the case you're out of your tiny mind.
A Sikh can say he is a fully practising Sikh regardless of whether he follows the rules what part of that do you have trouble understanding?
**** know about Catholics I don't think it matters what the pope says or does because it doesn't affect the army.

Nothing personal but once again you have shown you know **** all about the army

Last edited:
yup, and was very grateful when I saw him 3yrs later in Iraq as a LCpl for being given a second chance. He was 18 at the time of the offence and from a very shit part of Manchester, which doesn't narrow it down.
Maybe that's why he went to colly.

Wrong as always. People get to chose their religion in the British army. It is indeed the army decision whether or not to accept it.
@stacker1, I'm quite happy to argue with you but it's beyond boring. It's like arguing with a retarded three year old. Patit isn't a religion. It's a condition imposed by the religion, like being excommunicated. You can't choose it or reject it, and neither can the Army.
Neither conditions are up to the Army to accept or reject. It's not the Army's choice.
Google up and running on Catholics now.
The army doesn't care what rules the pope invokes the soldier is still a catholic if he says he is.
I was a practicing Catholic for over 30 years - I really don't need google to explain what excommunicated means! Excommunication doesn't stop someone being a Catholic. it's a condition imposed by the religion on a Catholic. The Army can't change that nor can a Catholic padre give them the sacrament - it's not his or the Army's choice.

It's beyond talking to pond life; once again you've shown you know **** all.

Last edited:
So in 33 pages its gone from the first tuban wearing in the Coldstream Guards to him doing a line of sniff..... I had a quick look on the BBC and they are quoting the Sun..........what ******* read the Sun? Obvious the BBC to get there news, time to cancel my TV license, Have they never learned from Hillsborough.

@stacker1, I'm quite happy to argue with you but it's beyond boring. It's like arguing with a retarded three year old. Patit isn't a religion. It's a condition imposed by the religion, like being excommunicated. You can't choose it or reject it, and neither can the Army.
Neither conditions are up to the Army to accept or reject. It's not the Army's choice.
I was a practicing Catholic for over 30 years - I really don't need google to explain what excommunicated means! Excommunication doesn't stop someone being a Catholic. it's a condition imposed by the religion on a Catholic. The Army can't change that nor can a Catholic padre give them the sacrament - it's not his or the Army's choice.

It's beyond talking to pond life; once again you've shown you know **** all.
So to clarify once more if someone says they are a certain religion in the army including a a fully practising Sikh them the army takes them at their word. Which is what I said. Do the Sikhs who make up the rules have any legal power to enforce their rules on anyone? No? Then I can say I'm a fully practising Sikh and as long as I change my JPA the army will accept my beliefs.

Ohhh an SAB that will really show me that you don't know what you are talking about.

And he’s completely wrong in this instance as well...
There's a shock eh?

Incidentally have you heard the latest crap recruiting advert on the radio? About females in the army and shaved heads? I could have sworn an expert Google user said that shouldn't happen.

I don't think @John G knows what he is trying to imply
I am sure he knows exactly what he is trying to imply... afterall he is a faithful adherent to the "oldest branch" of the "oldest religion" that specifically obsesses over "rules" and how they should be interpreted. His religion's teachings weren't begun to be written down until around 100 BC, having a rich "oral" tradition previous. Before they started joting stuff down, the buddhist religion fragmented numerous times, generally over "rules" adopted at their "councils", John's major branch, is rumoured to have fallen out of the tree around the 2nd council, I think, but there is no real evidence it existed or it's separation was solidified until the 3rd council around 250 BC. Of course his minor branch, that one calling itself the "oldest branch" is still a subset that didn't come into real existence until around ~250 CE (AD in old money). Obviously John is simply upholding the sabhava of his religious branch's interesting interpretation of "legitimate", "rules", and "facts" in all manner of his being, and his insight is sudden and perfect in all matters, and therefore he can happily look forward to his full double ordination as a Theravada bhikkhuni (nun), and eventual total enlightenment in short order.

This is like a PR open wound for the Army. If only there were a decent bandage to wrap around it...

Incidentally have you heard the latest crap recruiting advert on the radio? About females in the army and shaved heads? I could have sworn an expert Google user said that shouldn't happen.
Link please.

Edit: and, while it's a little late, you may want to check who said they'd been on a briefing about this and what they said ... just a hint, but they're serving ...

2nd edit: on second thoughts, to save any more time-wasting, here's the post from that "expert" saying "shaved heads ... shouldn't happen":
That isn't what exaggerated nature means, I know because we had a very boring lecture on it. Women can wear their hair the same as normal men (not including religious/medical reasons) exaggerated basically meant hair massive hair extentions, shaved heads (I think it is or was supposed to be grade 2 minimum although obviously balding men shave the rest off).
Oops .....:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Last edited: