Coldstream Guards Turban

So when did druggies stop going to Colly?
I never heard of one. I was in before CDT. Everyone that I knew that got caught over rank of Cpl was an admin discharge
Edit CDT came in around 1993

I can think of a couple of druggies from my lot who got Colly.
I left the regulars 21 years ago,and the TA last year.
If they were supplying they might have went. CDT is just booted out.

When did the Sikh code of conduct become anything that the British army had to pay attention to? In your own time, avoid answering the question.
Once again because you are a bit slow. If it's on JPA that is all that matters.
When different rules were laid down for 'Sikhs' and 'fully practicing Sikhs'. Rule 3, Annex A, page 12, which I've quoted a number of times. The difference isn't on JPA, so it obviously isn't "all that matters".
To clarify once again all a soldier has to do is have his religion in JPA and the army accepts it. Which I said several posts ago.
I know you said it several posts ago. Unfortunately you still don't seem to understand, and nor does @The_Duke, that being a 'Sikh' doesn't make you a 'fully practicing Sikh' and if you read Rule 3, Annex A, page 12 you may finally understand that the rules for the two are different.
You were wrong about the Catholics as well
Really? So the Pope isn't the head of the Catholic church? And he can't excommunicate Catholics just as the Sikh code of conduct lays down who's patit or not?

Do tell. I was raised as a Jesuit, but maybe something's changed.

When different rules were laid down for 'Sikhs' and 'fully practicing Sikhs'. Rule 3, Annex A, page 12, which I've quoted a number of times. The difference isn't on JPA, so it obviously isn't "all that matters".
I know you said it several posts ago. Unfortunately you still don't seem to understand, and nor does @The_Duke, that being a 'Sikh' doesn't make you a 'fully practicing Sikh' and if you read Rule 3, Annex A, page 12 you may finally understand that the rules for the two are different.
Really? So the Pope isn't the head of the Catholic church? And he can't excommunicate Catholics just as the Sikh code of conduct lays down who's patit or not?

Do tell. I was raised as a Jesuit, but maybe something's changed.
If a Sikh in the army says he is a fully practising Sikh then that is what he is treated as.
The pope can excomunicate who he likes, they are still Catholics and the army would recognised them as such.
The pope doesn't tell the army what to do.

should I have ensured all my Christian troops attended church on Sundays?
You'd have been in the soapy if one of them was Seventh Day Adventist wouldn't you?

No, they wouldn't "have to".

The Army usually does because it's the easy way out and very few people try to fake the religious card because they don't want to use up their annual leave taking religious holidays they don't want when they find themselves on duty at Christmas and Easter instead.

Yes, I left the Army a couple of decades ago but the link I gave is current policy, whether it suits you or not.

... and FWIW, I doubt your "multi cultural" unit is much different to the one I joined, although to be fair that was far from the norm then; in my first pl I had Jewish, Hindu, Muslim, Baptist, and Greek and Russian Orthodox soldiers, white, yellow, brown and black, the Mortar Pl comd, later Ops Offr, was a druid, there was a Sikh running the LAD down the road, and I later became a Theravadan Buddhist.

Edit: I'm not saying the rules are applied - I'm simply telling you what they are as you're wrong about what the Army 'has' to do.
We only had two religions when I was in, Asbach or Vodka.

@John G now that Google has failed you have you contacted anyone in the British army to ask them? They'll also tell you that I'm right.

If a Sikh in the army says he is a fully practising Sikh then that is what he is treated as.
If he's patit he can't be fully practicing. It's neither his decision nor the Army's.
The pope can excomunicate who he likes, they are still Catholics and the army would recognised them as such.
The pope doesn't tell the army what to do.
Still Catholics but unable to receive the sacraments. Not giving the sacraments to an excommunicant is a given and the Army can't change that - like patit for Sikhs, it's not the individual's nor the Army's decision to make.

I think this really has run its course of blind ignorance and utter stupidity.

Did he get soldier on?
yup, and was very grateful when I saw him 3yrs later in Iraq as a LCpl for being given a second chance. He was 18 at the time of the offence and from a very shit part of Manchester, which doesn't narrow it down.