Coldstream Guards Turban

ugly

LE
Beards arent fundamental to all Sikhs, Muslims or Rastas thats why some of them are clean shaven. However fundamental or not, you condoning discrimination against Christians (and other religion that dont pretend having a beard is essential),
The wearing of beards used to be fundamental to some Chtistian sects.

BA were taken to court and lost over failing to provide breathing apparatus for staff with beards (Sikhs) 1990's I think, thats case law but proves protection in law. I wonder which Sikh will take the army to court over respirators?
There is subtle difference, while BA needs to provide good air and in particular enough oxygen, a respirator needs to keep things out. Current H&SE thinking on the latter is you can't do it with a beard. Personally I know this to be not entirely accurate, but I think any lawyer would advise that a case against would be a risk.

The wearing of beards used to be fundamental to some Chtistian sects.
I don't think they count, they are not trendy enough for hypocritical officers looking for a photo op to enhance their Ojar.

No serving officer would give voice to an opinion on this which deviated from the Authorised View. No real change.
I note dissent on this opinion. The person dissenting should appear in my office in suitable dress on the morn at 9 o'clock, prepared to stand for a short time while I explain his unsuitability for further promotion in this environment. I do, however, have recommendations for his future employment in more conducive circumstances. We wish him well and thank him for his service.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
BA were taken to court and lost over failing to provide breathing apparatus for staff with beards (Sikhs) 1990's I think, thats case law but proves protection in law. I wonder which Sikh will take the army to court over respirators?
Master Fang is Merchant Navy, does a far bit of work in breathing apparatus, fire, chemicals etc. He has a fairly bushy beard, as is traditional in such a role.
He just has to be aware that his oxygen is going to run out far faster than someone with a shaven face as it is a positive pressure thing.

Now I know that this is not the same as a respirator but does show that some folk do allow beards