coldstream,grenadier or irish?

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by mnic, Feb 7, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So which of these gurads is the best ?
  2. Why do you want to know and what criteria do you want to use?

And it's spelled Guards by the way.
  3. is that a combination of guards and gonads?

accurate description for all of them then...
  4. Not a chippy are you?
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Sorry i spelt it wrong thats probably why the recruiter said i was better suited to para :) .
  6. What about the Life Guards?

So are you saying Para's are spelling numpties like you then?
  7. Yes thats what it was.... Not that i typed it to fast you ballbag!
  8. DS answer-They all train together in mixed platoons so in theory they are all the same, with little quirks and regimental traditions the only definable difference.

(although in actual fact the collies **** sheep, the grens love the sound of their own voices and are a little on the gay side and the Irish guards are all well endowed, handsome rescuers of damsels in distress. Women want them and men want to be them. In no way am I biased)
  9. So, what was the purpose of this thread?
  10. Education reject seeks work in British Army?
  11. To establish how well endowed members of the 4th and finest regiment of foot guards are. Obviously. Sheesh...Grens ;-)
    • Like Like x 1
  12. just a humble wedge head, the bane of any guards drill instructor...
  13. To get answers like the one above you, Im going with guards for my second choice...why else would i ask lol
  14. Doesn't matter how well endowed you are when you're so slack you get banned from Windsor
    • Like Like x 2
  15. We are all pretty similar, I don't know about the other two but the bullshit level in the Grenadiers is certainly not as high as you would experience in some units, RLC and RA for example.

On the operational front we are again very similar, the Irish smashed out a few Telics, including the initial invasion in 2003. The Grenadiers will very shortly be deploying on their third tour of Afghanistan.