Cold War Warriors

Discussion in 'The Lamp and Sandbag II - The Tall Story Strikes B' started by Auld-Yin, Oct 11, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Now that the government, in their infinite wisdom, have decided that they no longer need the TA, does this mean that we Cold War Warriors are the nations reserve?

If so there are a few questions I have:

Are zimmers issued or do we have to bring our own?
    Does the army have enough Brufen and anti-gout pills to cover the influx of CWWs?
    Will we get our SLRs back?

There are probably others that you may have, please add so that the government planner can get everything in place.

2. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

The SLR to stay in the bin but please bring your own parka as they seem to be in decline.

3. If they want me back in 432s they will have to sort out those seats.

4. If we promise to start 'war early', say 6.30am (I'm wide awake at 4 anyway) can we finish at, say, 3.30pm and just watch from a 'shooting stick'? "Excused Late Evening War" chit?

5. I don't do early mornings any more, perhaps we could 'job share' BSL?

6. I was in Ashchurch last week, those Mans look the dogs danglies. You can stick the Bedfords...........................Progress is some times a good thing :)

7. Especially with it's air con, power steering and cruise control. Any tw@t can rough it.

8. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Wash your mouth out :x

Any more of that and you are banned from this Forum.

9. Can we have KF CS95 so I can have a sick chit, or second thoughts I may have a few new ones cancel the KF

10. Erm… <Hand up> Can we please make sure that there are adequate toilet facilities? Just asking.

I think the only things I’ve got left that fit are a scrim net and a cap badge (but for a corps that no longer exists :cry: ). Still, just let those Ruskies try to get past that!

11. Sorry Auld-Yin, got carried away.

You can still stick those Bedords though.

By fook there are some fine looking toys you noobs get to play with.

12. And us not so noobs :)

13. I'll be back there some time next month, can you get me a little play time :)

14. I could if I was there, sorry you'll have to make do with admiring from afar.

15. As long as they promise we can have Clansman Radios, and Series 3 Land Rovers - none of that highly protected stuff for me - I want to sit on top of 45 litres of Benz..... :?