Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cold War Photos.

ACAB

LE
I was perusing my photo albums tonight prior to getting a new lap top and came across these.
36932_117425101637050_100001086815129_103990_2493066_n[1].jpg

Me and Jimmy Rankin in front of 0A

Rab, Jimmy and Me, Munster '79.jpg

Rab McPike (Driver) Jimmy Rankin and me in some car park in West Germany. (No troop movement allowed weekends)

What's your Cold War Photos??

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
Fook me, that looks like the lesser-spotted Clansman VHF Ground Mounted Monopole on top of the panzer in the second pic. What did you use it for? Was it much better than the TUAAMs & whips on the wagon?

Copy (4) of bob's army 018.jpg
my pictures0018_edited.jpg
Couple of mine.Ripping up someone's front garden made you popular with locals.You had to......etc.

Last edited:
image.jpg

Bergan Höhne ranges bloody freezing 1989.
image.jpg

Bundeswehr Luchs wheeled recce wagon stuck in a ditch (Ex Grand Canyon, Autumn '89).
image.jpg

Recce Pl on Soltau - pre-Med Man May 1990. I'm guessing the move was non-tac :D

What is the purpose of the wheel device on the back of the lorry. :-?
Lorry ? You twat.100 gallon petrol can. Some say. Actually it was to stop the whole caboodle doing a backflip when the mighty Cent accelerated through the gears. Manual, none of yer pissy semi auto crap.

What is the purpose of the wheel device on the back of the lorry. :-?
Repeat after me .....MONO TRAILER,MONO TRAILER.It was there to keep driver's lighter topped up and extend range of Mk.6 Cent.It was replaced later with an extra fuel tank welded on to back,which did nothing for original streamlined design.
Copy (2) of bob's army 019.jpg

ACAB

LE
Fook me, that looks like the lesser-spotted Clansman VHF Ground Mounted Monopole on top of the panzer in the second pic. What did you use it for? Was it much better than the TUAAMs & whips on the wagon?
If you peruse said photo carefully you will see it is being used as a washing line for a No 2 Dress shirt!

47 Field defending the square in Gutersloh

47 Fd.jpg

What you can't see are the piles of snow we spent the previous hour shoveling and sweeping from the square, so literally "a cold war photo"

View attachment 241697
Bergan Höhne ranges bloody freezing 1989.
View attachment 241696
Bundeswehr Luchs wheeled recce wagon stuck in a ditch (Ex Grand Canyon, Autumn '89).
View attachment 241695
Recce Pl on Soltau - pre-Med Man May 1990. I'm guessing the move was non-tac :D

God! That first pic made me shiver. I remember just how cold those late 80's winters in Germany were.
On a winters ex you'd walk around with a permanent shiver on if all you had was issued kit (without issued parka that is)!

Latest Threads