Cold Roast Beef

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by Arte_et_Marte, Sep 24, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Right so. I had a roast beef dinner yesterday and I've got some meat left.
    It's a good quality chunk of beef. It was cooked to medium and is the size and shape of a bag of sugar.

Apart from making 30 beef and mustard sandwiches, I'm at a bit of a loss as to how best to use this up.

Any suggestions?
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Aye, cheers. I'll probably give that a go later.
  3. Mince it if you can or dice it for chilli. Make sure you flour it before frying.

4. why not cut it to reasonably thick slices, put them in a cassarole dish with a nice thick onion gravy. serve with carrots sweetcorn and a few boiled tatties. or if your comon like me chips n peas .
    • Like Like x 3
  5. 30 beef sandwiches... but with different add ons...
  6. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Unusual Roast Beef Sandwich:

One Yorkshire Pudding
    Mixed Salad leaves

Slice the Yorkshire in half leaving a hinge
    Place two generous slices of beef on top of the sliced yourkshire
    Add a generous amount of mixed leaves
    Top with as much horseradish as desired.

Close the Yorkshire.

7. Slice it up and freeze it.
  8. Thanks for the great suggestions all, but I think this is the one I'll go for.

I'm not called 'Mr Imagination' for nothing you know. N.B. This could be a lie.
  9. Fry slices in batter.

Place on yorkie and douse in horseradish.

Cover in bacon and cheese.

Nod in direction of salad leaf.

Call emergency services to drop by some time and jump start your heart.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Slice it thinly and have it with Colman's Mustard on Warbys with fresh spinach.

Job's a good un.
  11. This is making me hungry now you barstewards.

Mind you, we're having roast beef for dinner tomorrow so this has given me some ideas for the leftovers.
  12. Got to agree with this. Chilli made with "proper beef" as opposed to the minced variety is cracking. If you haven't got a mincer, cut into small pieces - no harder than thinly slicing it for sandwiches!
  13. Indeed. And rub the blade of the knife with garlic before slicing the beef for a really subtle garlic flavour.
  14. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

sliced thinly on a fresh bagutte, either with just s&p or horseradish and some sliced onion. nom.