Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Ulster-Brigade, Nov 24, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What excuses have TA soldiers used in the past to avoid call-up?Our lot head to Chilwell tomorrow,minus 1,who cannot be found to hand his papers too,reckon he has done a runner to"Mexico"i.e,fled south of the border.In january 2003 we had 1 who signed himself into a mental hospital and another who deliberatly failed his hearing test.
  2. "lm washing my hair" ?
  3. Were you listening in?
  4. Pardon?
  5. Um......they 'volunteered' to be called up.

6. I don't see the point in joining the TA if you are not willing to be mobilised. I bet they just joined for the extra cash each month and the cheep booze in the Mess.

I don't think people should be allowed to duck out of it unless they have a stone wall reason for not going at the time. Then they get put on the list to go on the next mobilisation.

If you don't want to serve the time then don't sign up.
  7. please refer to umpteen previous threads. If everyone took this attitude, there would be NO TA!

8. I think Ulster-brigade is refering to pre-voluntry mobilisation. we were mobilised in 2003 when it was compulsory. i know of one person who pricked his finger with a needle and put it in to his pi55 sample. others who said they were deaf.

Joining the TA is a different entity now than pre 2003, if you join up then expect to be mobbed soon. A lot of people joined the TA in the 80's and 90's for the crack - when they were called upon, most responded
  9. ..but only if you volunteer (is it me? - why do I have to keep repeating this?)
  10. say again over
  11. say again over[/quote]

I thought once you were in you were liable for service anywhere "as required"?
  12. msr

msr LE

13. Thanks. Was just picking up on some of the responses on here to questions on joining the TA along the lines of "be prepared to be mobilised"; "you WILL be mobilised" etc.