Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Jip Travolta, Mar 19, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Rachel Corey [sic], 23 years old from the state of Washington, was killed while she was trying to prevent Israeli army bulldozers from destroying a Palestinian home. Other foreigners who were with her said the driver of the bulldozer was aware that Rachel was there, and continued to destroy the house. Initially he dropped sand and other heavy debris on her, then the bulldozer pushed her to the ground where it proceeded to drive over her, fracturing both of her arms, legs and skull. She was transferred to hospital, where she later died.

Warning contains pics of said injured party...

2. The original IDF release said the bulldozer driver had a restricted view, and couldn't see her.

Maybe she should have tied a rotating beacon to her head? After all, she couldn't have been more obvious if she tried.

It's murder. What's being done about it?

She may have been misguided, but she's up there with that Tiannamen square bloke in my estimation

Whilst I don't think this is official IDF policy, there do, in recent times, seen to be some elements who will push the envelope as far as they can.
  3. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

I am not condoning the murder, because that is what it was. But the Isrealis have a policy it seems to me that nothing will stand in their way of their development policies. Hopefully the driver will be prosecuted. Also it will be intersting to see what Dubya does about it- if anything.

Twenty years ago the Isrealis had a point; now they are a nation awaiting the storm that Saddam and the militant Arab world may well unleash on them; and they will stop at nothing to protect their land and borders!
  4. Israel does have the right to defend itself.

Whare does it have the right to cold bloodedly kill a peace protester, no matter how silly she was?

She was a peace protestor, not a suicide bomber, your link is irrelevant Gunny. Everyone on this board, knows what the Palestinian scum terrorists are up to.

This was a girl, doing what she believed in, and dying for it. She showed a lot more guts than the driver of the bulldozer,Iraqi human shields, Clare fcuking Short and a sh1tload more guts than any fcuking lowlife scumbag sh1thead suicide bomber.
  5. Hehe, that'll be PtP fired-up then!... ;D ;D [​IMG]
  6. PTP, apologies for rattling your cage.  This thread is indeed about the death of this young lady by the driver of the bulldozer (right ? ? ?).  

I too was at first rattled thinking it was about the wider picture, but I agree my links are irrelevant to this discussion which is just centred around the driver and this girl.
  7. The USA recently vetoed a resolution condemning the Israelis for killing a British UN worker in a UN compound in the Occupied territories.

Supposing France decided to have a go at the USA by proposing a UN resolution condemning the Israelis for killing this US citizen. I presume that the pro-Israeli lobby would want to get it vetoed, but would the US dare to do so? And if they did, how would they look?

Unlikely, I know, but could be interesting.
  8. There are many Israelis (& Americans) who view the Palestinians as sub-human, Christian & Muslim alike.  Put one of them at the controls of a bulldozer and......
  9. I firmly believe the IDF has the right to destroy houses that are used as sniper posts by terrorists. (As this house in question was).

There has been a constant state of war perpetrated upon Israel by its neighbours and the Palestinians since 1947.  How many more stupid western liberals are going to keep turning up in these places (Palestine, Iraq, etc) and cry when they get hurt... or killed?

That's what happens in a war zone.
  10. Well put Ex.  I wonder if any of those nutters who headed off to be human shields in Iraq are still around?
  11. 10 year old girl shot dead by undercover Israeli soldiers after they mistakenly shot the car in which she was travelling having just killed three members of Hamas who were trying to avoid arrest.
  12. The Israelis are a bunch of murdering, immoral, warmongering, World and Mid East destabilising, scumbags. More trouble than they are worth.

Any other country in the world did half of what they did and do they would be invaded and wiped out, or the UN would have mass sanctions against them.

32 UN resolutions flouted since 1967 and nothing done.

We moved out of Eire to keep the peace, they moved into the West Bank to prepetuate the war.

Nothing to do with their religion or faith, but the world would be better off without Israel and 95% of the trouble in the Mid East would never have happened but for their trouble making and French like arrogance, ego, vanity and greed for land. :mad:
  13. I like the Israelis, there take no shit, hit back twice as hard attitude is something we used to have back in the days when the bulldog was still alive!

All these namby pamby, soft as shit, hippy, pink round the edges, wet, student, commie types shouldn't be there in the first place!

They want to stand infront of bulldozers, they suffer the consiquences.

The Israelis are defending themselves in the best way possible, offense. And unlike the rest of the world they don't let any political shit get in the way.