Cold and Flu

Don't get anywhere near someone who already has it...................?

Flu jabs are not a bad idea. I've had one each autumn for the last three years, and have avoided the usual winter flu as a result. Given how ill I used to get for a week every year, I call that a result.

Like the condom or abortion debate, prevention is better than a cure.

Paracetamol - One gram every 6 hours
Ibuprofen - 400mgs every 8 hours
Sudafed - one tablet every 6 hours
Otrivin nasal spray every 8 hours
Whiskey Mac - large measure as required

abeaumont said:
Don't get anywhere near someone who already has it...................?

Flu jabs are not a bad idea. I've had one each autumn for the last three years, and have avoided the usual winter flu as a result. Given how ill I used to get for a week every year, I call that a result.

Like the condom or abortion debate, prevention is better than a cure.

If you cant have it done on the NHS get these guys in to give you the flu jab £15 per person
flufighters.org.uk

juke said:
If you cant have it done on the NHS get these guys in to give you the flu jab £15 per person
flufighters.org.uk
Chubb, do us all a favour?

Instead of getting the flu jab, inject neat Dichloro-Diphenyl-Trichloroethane into your eye ball. Webcam the results, you pointless wretch.

Lancialfa said:
Best remedy for cold and flu?

Someone must have the secret! :D
Depend's what symptoms you have?

Keep warm and let it run it's course; all the symptoms you're experiencing is your body fighting the virus.

Like spaz said...'man the fcuk up'

jarrod248 said:
WhizzyShootingStar said:
Lancialfa said:

There is no cure for a cold, treat the symptoms, plenty of fluids, treat a fever/aches and pains with Plain Paracetamol or Ibuprofen (If you can take these drugs)
Do not buy any of the rubbish advertised on the TV - they are a waste of money, cheap supermarket Paracetamol is as good as any of the stuff advertised on tV.
Don't buy Cough medicine either again it's not clinically proven to do anything, however I do if I have a bad cough buy Original Benilyn i.e. drowsy one as the antihisitmine is quite sedative so at least you can get some sleep.
Antibiotics tend to work if you have a very bad cough.

WhizzyShootingStar said:
jarrod248 said:
WhizzyShootingStar said:
Lancialfa said:

There is no cure for a cold, treat the symptoms, plenty of fluids, treat a fever/aches and pains with Plain Paracetamol or Ibuprofen (If you can take these drugs)
Do not buy any of the rubbish advertised on the TV - they are a waste of money, cheap supermarket Paracetamol is as good as any of the stuff advertised on tV.
Don't buy Cough medicine either again it's not clinically proven to do anything, however I do if I have a bad cough buy Original Benilyn i.e. drowsy one as the antihisitmine is quite sedative so at least you can get some sleep.
Not if the cause is viral they don't, colds and flu are caused by viruses not bacteria.

All this talk has actually made it go away.. and im feeling a hell of alot better..... whisky mac with cold and flu tabs in it seem to have done the trick!

Jacques_Bustard said:
WhizzyShootingStar said:
jarrod248 said:
WhizzyShootingStar said:
Lancialfa said:

Not if the cause is viral they don't, colds and flu are caused by viruses not bacteria.
Yup true, though i always get given antibiotics for coughs. How can you tell the difference whether the symptom related is viral or bacterial?

If it's bacterial the lovely phlegmy stuff you cough up is likely to be yellow/green, thick and smelly. Mmh. Some docs do a sputem test to check, waste of time though. Often you'll just get given antibiotics for no reason, so as you'll sod off and not bother the good doctor any longer.

medigal said:
If it's bacterial the lovely phlegmy stuff you cough up is likely to be yellow/green, thick and smelly. Mmh. Some docs do a sputem test to check, waste of time though. Often you'll just get given antibiotics for no reason, so as you'll sod off and not bother the good doctor any longer.
What if it's just dry coughs?