Colchester Military Festival 16-17 June

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by veritas, Jun 5, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Wasnt sure where to put this so feel free to move.

Okay , blatent plug coming up .

I am one of those re-enactors that provide p1ss taking opportunities for many, Medieval re-enactor to be precise ( i know, is it walting or not).

My group, Buckingham's retinue, will be at this event in a couple of weeks.
    festival

I'm plugging it because The Army Benevolent Fund & The Garrison Welfare Fund will benefit from the proceeds of the day.

Never done this event before and am looking forwards to it, unfortunately I have been put on cookhouse duties for the weekend which means I may not have the opportunity to pick up my long bow and loose a few arrows at people.

Ive had the warning orders and there are greek hoplites, roman chariot racing, american civil war displays and of course us doing the wars of the roses. There is also the red devils, a lancaster / spitfire fly past, Gurkha & Para bands.

Should be a good event, great for kids and the more through the door, the more money the charities get. Plus the beer tent should be good, once we have been stood down and all the members of public have gone !

Look for the red & black flag with the Stafford knot on it, thats us, come over and say hello, or take the p1ss, what ever you fancy.

2. I happen to have a copy of the Admin Instruction for it on my desk right now if anyone wants any info on it. Be aware though it will cost you £8 a head on the day to get in

3. Cheaper than Alton towers and better value for Money !

4. Just had a news letter in our MQ in Colchester
    Prices for the festival

Military Pre-sale .............................Civvy Pre-sale ......................On Day
    Adult £6 .................................£7 .........................................£8
    OAP/U16 £3 .................................£4 ......................................... £5
    Family £15 ..............................£20 ........................................ £22

You can get pre day tickets from our local Hive on 01206 816588 , dont know if you can pay with credit card etc i you dont live down here so better phone and check. Should be a good day :D

5. Drain sniffer, dont know if you are in a position to pass on thanks to the organisers for an excellent event. Throughly enjoyed it, lots to see and do and a couple of brilliant questions from the public along the lines of
    "Did they have fire in medieval times?" Even the torrential down pour on saturday didnt ruin things , nor did being woken by the sound of a van being stolen and promptly driven into a tree!

6. I will certinly pass on your thanks as one of the main organisers is sat opposite me now!!

Glad you enjoyed it. Was a bit wet. You werent that hiipy looking bloke walking around all day in that red toga thing were you??

7. No, I'm not one of them there Romans, although respect to them and the greek lot for continuing their bit in the arena while it was p1ssing it down.
    For my sins I was trying to cook for my medieval group over an open fire, in the rain. The joys of portraying a medieval ladies life :D

8. Good day out as usual.....lot of hard work put in by 16AA......well done!!!