Col Neil Hutton shoots suspected bandit at Army camp in Kenya

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Fireplace, Apr 19, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. what annoys me a little bit is the report from the newspaper. the monkeys routinely investigate the firing of weapons when they are discharged at other personnel. nothing sinister in that,but the journos make out he's being charged and will be castigated for firing on persons whe are stealing. he fired warning shots,and they were probably armed also. a straight story with no dramatization would be appreciated. oh,and good on him for having the balls to use his sidearm,good man

2. Might be one of Obama's relatives...

3. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

The Lawyers wil probably try and tie it in with the Mau Mau case as more British Colonial aggresion

4. Without knowing the full story it is difficult to make an accurate assessment but it could be an unlawful shoot, reasonable force and threat to life etc...

5. Bet Phil Shiner is galloping back to Kenya with pound signs in his eyes after his last attempt at hauling the army in Kenya to the dock failed.

6. Any chance the defense is going to be summed up as thus. " In the halflight His outline looked just like one of a thieving cunt"

7. probably not.....

8. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Could claim he thought it was a Rock Ape?
    " I thought I saw a member of the RAF Regiment outside the wire in the confusion I shot him"

• Like Like x 1
  9. We don't have defense in British courts... we DO, however, have defence.

• Like Like x 1
  10. In there like a long dog if there's any sniff of a compensation claim.

11. What was the outcome of this?

12. "Oh I say, that native's eyeing off the mess cutlery! Smithers, fetch my Purdey will you, there's a good chap".

13. This is simply OUTRAGEOUS!

Typical colonial style summary justice carried out by a member of the fascist, upper class racist, fox hunting plutocrats.

The native chap is clearly a victim of stereotyping of the worst kind and that could have led to the death of entirely innocent man on the basis of his skin colour alone.

We demand a full investigation.

We need to know: What were the rules of engagement? Was the victim of this atrocious act shown a red card before the attempted murderer opened fire? Were the words "BRITISH ARMY, STAND STILL OR I OPEN FIRE" shouted in English and at least two other local languages before the mad army officer opened fire whilst foaming at the mouth?

WE NEED TO KNOW!

14. And surely this must be the only reason why the theifing cnut...ähm sorry, that poor opressed coloured one, is still alive.
    Foaming at the mouth usually spoils ones aim :p

• Like Like x 1