Col Neil Hutton shoots suspected bandit at Army camp in Kenya

what annoys me a little bit is the report from the newspaper. the monkeys routinely investigate the firing of weapons when they are discharged at other personnel. nothing sinister in that,but the journos make out he's being charged and will be castigated for firing on persons whe are stealing. he fired warning shots,and they were probably armed also. a straight story with no dramatization would be appreciated. oh,and good on him for having the balls to use his sidearm,good man

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
The Lawyers wil probably try and tie it in with the Mau Mau case as more British Colonial aggresion

Without knowing the full story it is difficult to make an accurate assessment but it could be an unlawful shoot, reasonable force and threat to life etc...

Bet Phil Shiner is galloping back to Kenya with pound signs in his eyes after his last attempt at hauling the army in Kenya to the dock failed.

Any chance the defense is going to be summed up as thus. " In the halflight His outline looked just like one of a thieving cunt"

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
Could claim he thought it was a Rock Ape?
" I thought I saw a member of the RAF Regiment outside the wire in the confusion I shot him"

In the past the nickname "Rock Ape" has been attributed to their traditional role guarding areas of Gibraltar, but this is not so. The term came into use after an accident in the Western Aden Protectorate in November 1952. Two Regiment officers serving with the APL at Dhala decided to amuse themselves by going out to shoot some of the hamadryas baboons (locally referred to as "rock apes"). The officers drew rifles and split up to hunt the apes, yet in the semi-darkness one of the officers fired at a moving object in the distance. When he reached the target he discovered he had shot the other officer. After emergency treatment Flight Lieutenant Percy Henry Mason survived to return to service a few months later. When asked why he had fired at his friend by a board of inquiry the officer replied that his target had "looked just like a rock ape" in the half light. The remark soon reverberated around the RAF and it was not long before the term was in general use.

"

Any chance the defense is going to be summed up as thus. " In the halflight His outline looked just like one of a thieving cunt"
We don't have defense in British courts... we DO, however, have defence.

This is simply OUTRAGEOUS!

Typical colonial style summary justice carried out by a member of the fascist, upper class racist, fox hunting plutocrats.

The native chap is clearly a victim of stereotyping of the worst kind and that could have led to the death of entirely innocent man on the basis of his skin colour alone.

We demand a full investigation.

We need to know: What were the rules of engagement? Was the victim of this atrocious act shown a red card before the attempted murderer opened fire? Were the words "BRITISH ARMY, STAND STILL OR I OPEN FIRE" shouted in English and at least two other local languages before the mad army officer opened fire whilst foaming at the mouth?

WE NEED TO KNOW!

This is simply OUTRAGEOUS!

Typical colonial style summary justice carried out by a member of the fascist, upper class racist, fox hunting plutocrats.

The native chap is clearly a victim of stereotyping of the worst kind and that could have led to the death of entirely innocent man on the basis of his skin colour alone.

We demand a full investigation.

We need to know: What were the rules of engagement? Was the victim of this atrocious act shown a red card before the attempted murderer opened fire? Were the words "BRITISH ARMY, STAND STILL OR I OPEN FIRE" shouted in English and at least two other local languages before the mad army officer opened fire whilst foaming at the mouth?

WE NEED TO KNOW!
And surely this must be the only reason why the theifing cnut...ähm sorry, that poor opressed coloured one, is still alive.
Foaming at the mouth usually spoils ones aim :p

I'm looking forward to the revelation that the victim wished he had chosen a stay at a Young Offenders' Institute instead of a rehabilitating safari.

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
A colonel shot at a bloke and only winged him? What is the army coming to I'd like to know.