Col Ghadaffi to be sued over IRA Murders.

Michelle's struggle for justice will go on
The woman who lost her parents in the Shankill bombing breaks her four year silence to tell Karen Ireland why a new legal case Colonel Gadaffi has given the IRA's victims new hope
30 April 2006 Sunday Life

SHANKILL bomb victim Michelle Williamson - whose parents Gillian and George were murdered in the atrocity - broke several years of silence this weekend to speak of the glimmer of hope offered by a legal case against Colonel Gadaffi.

Michelle is one of more than 160 IRA victims who have joined a multi-million dollar civil action over claims Libya supplied the Provos with weapons and explosives.

The list of plaintiffs includes victims of the Enniskillen and Warrington outrages, and the legal action - which is due to be heard in the US courts - will be the largest civil case involving terrorism in UK history.
Edited for copyright , and no source link provided.

Spike, please don't cut and paste articles verbatim if we don't have prior permission to re-publish . I'll need a source URL as well please?

Thanks

PTP

While I can quite understand some of the motives behind this I feel that a multi million dollar civil action is ultimately only after one thing and that sadly seems to be money.

Yes it might possibly get Libya to own up to its previous nasty habits but then when and where does it stop. Semtex is not to my knowledge manufactured in Libya so do they follow the claim there. What country manufactures the detonators? Where do the alarm clocks or the electronic timers come from? Who provided the battery? Where was the wiring obtained from? Which country produces shoeboxes? Who provided the funds for all this?

There are plenty of other countries that have provided the tools of terrorism directly or indirectly and including the manpower but are civil actions going to be brought against them? It is ironic that the case is being brought in the US. I still haven't forgotten about the stinger missiles.

Does that mean that Noraid can be sued as well?? and what about Gerry and Martin? oh I forgot they're peacemakers.Silly me Gerry couldn't have had anything to do with violence.

MargaretRobb said:
Does that mean that Noraid can be sued as well?? and what about Gerry and Martin? oh I forgot they're peacemakers.Silly me Gerry couldn't have had anything to do with violence.
The more the merrier. If it's in the US, then there's a certain actor who has topped up the funds ALLEGEDLY.

In fact there's more than one but I really hate this one.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F The Intelligence Cell 6
msr The Intelligence Cell 16
G The Intelligence Cell 6