Col Ghadaffi to be sued over IRA Murders.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by spike7451, Apr 30, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Edited for copyright , and no source link provided.

Spike, please don't cut and paste articles verbatim if we don't have prior permission to re-publish . I'll need a source URL as well please?

Thanks

PTP

2. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

3. While I can quite understand some of the motives behind this I feel that a multi million dollar civil action is ultimately only after one thing and that sadly seems to be money.

Yes it might possibly get Libya to own up to its previous nasty habits but then when and where does it stop. Semtex is not to my knowledge manufactured in Libya so do they follow the claim there. What country manufactures the detonators? Where do the alarm clocks or the electronic timers come from? Who provided the battery? Where was the wiring obtained from? Which country produces shoeboxes? Who provided the funds for all this?

There are plenty of other countries that have provided the tools of terrorism directly or indirectly and including the manpower but are civil actions going to be brought against them? It is ironic that the case is being brought in the US. I still haven't forgotten about the stinger missiles.

4. Does that mean that Noraid can be sued as well?? and what about Gerry and Martin? oh I forgot they're peacemakers.Silly me Gerry couldn't have had anything to do with violence.

5. The more the merrier. If it's in the US, then there's a certain actor who has topped up the funds ALLEGEDLY.

In fact there's more than one but I really hate this one.